IGNORED

Star Keeper Owners - Question on Cheat Code

Lambda

OMG, YOU GUYS! I figured out the code!!!

I've been meaning to experiment with it more for a while, and when I just saw another copy of the game has emerged on eBay, I was inspired to try again. The thing is, I had forgotten the code we were using, so out of habit I just entered the regular Konami code.

That's right... Even though the code we found in the manual doesn't include B and A at the end, as far as I can tell, that is in fact the complete code. 🤦‍♂️ Perhaps the manual was just meant to lead us in that direction. So yeah, here's how it works:

On the TITLE SCREEN, enter the good old Konami code: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start. You will hear a short jingle when the game starts. (Normally it is silent when you press start.) Now when the game begins, you start with 35 lives!

I can't believe we hadn't tried this before, but hey, mystery finally solved! After more than two freaking years.

Unfortunately, it looks like once you use up all the extra lives, if you continue you start again with just the standard 3 lives. (I only tested this on stage 1.) But this should still many of us get farther in the game!

Have fun!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I find it incredibly amusing that y'all had been searching for this code, and that with the similarities to the Konami code, nobody actually tried the Konami code 😆 I dunno, I feel like that would've been my first thought 😛

We forgot that sometimes manuals leave out important information, by mistake or intention. It now seems like an obvious oversight on our parts!

Events Helper · Posted
13 minutes ago, Hybrid said:

*sigh*

tis ok, i recognize that you originally put the thought of konami code in their head back in 2020 😉  I will recognize that you are the one who originally came up with the idea/code and ultimately, THANKS HYBRID!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree 1

• 10 months later...