IGNORED

Sega Saturn Controller Oddity?

fcgamer

I got this in a bag of scraps from my buddy, yesterday, and I was gonna just toss it in the junk box (there were also some Famicom controllers I was tickled to get), but I figured I'd research it first, which led to more questions than answers.

According to the plastic, model number is HSS-0101, all pics brought up with this Id show a black controller. The white controller has a slightly different part id number.

Also no idea where the buttons went, and one can see the Sega name on the front.

Ideas or thoughts on this controller? 

IMG20200117190729.jpg

IMG20200117190735.jpg

IMG20200117190750.jpg

IMG20200117190725.jpg

• Haha 1

I think I can clear up some of the confusion here, seeing as I am the one who took the controller apart! 😉

Firstly, it is an official, standard, if highly worn Saturn controller I received with an old Japanese Saturn someone gave me.

Secondly, I took both controllers that came with the system apart in order to clean them. However, this controller is faulty, some of the buttons simply do not work even after I cleaned it up. The other controller I got worked fine.

Also, I have kept the buttons themselves as well as the contact pads for use as spares, but if you really want them @fcgamer then I'd be happy to pass those on to you also! 😄

• Thanks 1