IGNORED

a prototype nes test cart?

Nes Freak

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work. The board pictures show that there are a lot of unpopulated components. With enough work, it should be possible to dump the ROM though. The chips from left to right are the CIC chip, SRAM, and EPROM (which may or may not have data on it). All are dated from early 1990. 

3 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work. The board pictures show that there are a lot of unpopulated components. With enough work, it should be possible to dump the ROM though. The chips from left to right are the CIC chip, SRAM, and EPROM (which may or may not have data on it). All are dated from early 1990. 

proto/development/not for retail boards are more flexible than production issue boards. you can build one out to function without populating every space on the board. i wouldn't assume the worst based on the photo.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

proto/development/not for retail boards are more flexible than production issue boards. you can build one out to function without populating every space on the board. i wouldn't assume the worst based on the photo.

I guess you're right. I didn't realize NROM boards were so simple, but looking at the traces and cart pinout I didn't notice anything necessarily missing. 

Why's the label so shiny, like covered in tape or a film? All the protos/samples I've seen on NES or Famicom had paper non-glossy labels on them. It smells of fake?

Also, yeah, not showing the cart running is a big no-no. If you want that kind of money or general attention, show a screenshot of the software, that will make people flock to the auction

Edited by Tyree_Cooper