IGNORED

Looking for a Guide? Post it here!

acidjaguar

Looking for any guides in particular?  Please post a reply here.... I recently came into an entire store's backstock of over 500 guides and would love to hook anyone up here that is a member of the group before the masses.  I have already sold a few, but there are plenty left!   I don't have a list currently besides the more premium titles, but chances are if you're looking I may be able to help.... 

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be interested in the following:

Final Fantasy Tactics

Final Fantasy VII

Xenogears

Chrono Trigger

Vagrant Story

...if they are in excellent shape.

It's been a while since I've seen their prices, so I might have to prioritize.  Regardless, let me know if you have any of these in the lot. Thanks!

2 hours ago, RH said:

I could be interested in the following:

Final Fantasy Tactics - definitely have one or two of these (may be GH version)

Final Fantasy VII  - may have this as the versus guide

Xenogears

Chrono Trigger

Vagrant Story

...if they are in excellent shape.

It's been a while since I've seen their prices, so I might have to prioritize.  Regardless, let me know if you have any of these in the lot. Thanks!

I'll let you know on the two I am sure of.  I don't recall any Xenogears or Vagrants in there.   There is a multi-GBA guide that covers Chrono too if interested in something like that ?  Let me know

3 hours ago, acidjaguar said:

I'll let you know on the two I am sure of.  I don't recall any Xenogears or Vagrants in there.   There is a multi-GBA guide that covers Chrono too if interested in something like that ?  Let me know

I’ll pass on the GBA guide. I’m more interested in the original, “official” guides because those were the ones I had as a kid.

• 3 months later...
On 3/28/2020 at 7:43 PM, Bighab said:

Going through my strategy guides tonight and it seems I don't have the AD&D Eye of the Beholder guide for the Snes. I'm looking for that one but I'd be happy just having the PC version(I assume it's the same?)

The AD&D guide for the SNES is probably the hardest to find in the whole set.  It is essentially the same as the PC version that you have, but in black and white throughout (probably a photocopy with adjusted cover text).   I know of less than five to exist (confirmed and seen).  There may be a few more out there, but it certainly is extremely low on the numbers count. 

On 3/31/2020 at 10:44 AM, acidjaguar said:

The AD&D guide for the SNES is probably the hardest to find in the whole set.  It is essentially the same as the PC version that you have, but in black and white throughout (probably a photocopy with adjusted cover text).   I know of less than five to exist (confirmed and seen).  There may be a few more out there, but it certainly is extremely low on the numbers count. 

Aw I never knew it was that rare. I will probably stick to trying to get the PC version instead.

I have this Battletech guide that covers the Genesis and Snes game. I've never seen it for sale. How rare is it?

https://www.estarland.com/product-description/SegaGenesis/BattleTech-Official-Strategy-Guide/39397

1 hour ago, Bighab said:

I have this Battletech guide that covers the Genesis and Snes game. I've never seen it for sale. How rare is it?

The Battletech guide is fairly uncommon, they come up every once and a while.  I believe the Amazon and eBay ones are overpriced given they are flying solo currently.  But I don't consider it part of the SNES set as it only covers the Genesis version and there never was a Battletech for Super Nintendo.  

23 minutes ago, acidjaguar said:

The Battletech guide is fairly uncommon, they come up every once and a while.  I believe the Amazon and eBay ones are overpriced given they are flying solo currently.  But I don't consider it part of the SNES set as it only covers the Genesis version and there never was a Battletech for Super Nintendo.  

Battletech on the Genesis is the same game as Mechwarrior 3050 for the Snes so it is a useful guide.

2 minutes ago, Bighab said:

Battletech on the Genesis is the same game as Mechwarrior 3050 for the Snes so it is a useful guide.

Good to know!  When we were building this lists, the caveat was that the guide had to say the console system it pertained to on the cover or back.  Maybe an exception here and there 😛 *cough*cough* Immortal Cluebook *cough*cough*