IGNORED

What is this? WCW/NWO Revenge case?

twiztor

found this locally for $1 and had to have it, as i've never seen any WCW/NWO Revenge branded merchandise.

i thought it was a cd booklet, but there are no sleeves and no place to attach them. then i thought it might be to carry your game & controller, but the n64 controller doesn't fight right inside. now, i'm stumped and i'm asking you. what is this?

revenge1.jpg

revenge2.jpg

• Like 1

I wish I had more information for you about that specific case, but I have a WCW vs NWO Revenge branded Rumble Pak complete in the box, but it's branded the "Stunner Pack" (LOL), which was exclusive to Europe. Not sure if it has any relation to your case, but I found it odd/peculiar too when I discovered it as well.

EDIT: Sorry, I just looked and the Rumble Pak I have is for WWF Attitude. Not WCW/NWO Revenge. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by nick
  • Thanks 1

I know this doesn't add any specific help to this particular thread, but my bet is that it's just another random bit of promo material from the N64 era.  I've got a slightly larger than normal fanny pack emblazoned with the official Nintendo N64 logo, but it's not shaped right to hold anything N64-specific, and definitely wouldn't hold a controller inside, even if you weren't wearing it.  This is most likely a promo item given away at something like E3 (or maybe even E3 itself), in random promotions leading up to launch, etc.  I don't have any backup on that guess at all other than there are a lot of instances of such "swag" cropping up through the years at such events made solely to get eyes on the product so that it can start to gather momentum toward launch.

• Thanks 1

Ok, forgetting the tie-in with the game, now I'm curious what this thing even would be intended to use for?

My gut tells me it was still a CD case, but the CD holder some how slipped in under the straps, and could be pulled out for easier usage, but the CD holder has since been lost.  I just see no point in this and even though it is swag, it was almost certainly made by a company that had a large catalog of swag items that companies could then have their logo embroidered onto.  So, this case can't be unique and had a specific purpose.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RH said:

Ok, forgetting the tie-in with the game, now I'm curious what this thing even would be intended to use for?

My gut tells me it was still a CD case, but the CD holder some how slipped in under the straps, and could be pulled out for easier usage, but the CD holder has since been lost.

like @darkchylde28 said, it could just be a non-game or n64 specific case, but i still think there has to be SOMETHING this was intended for. 

my mind keeps going back to the cd case as well, but there's no way the cd part would stay attached. those straps are WAY too stretchy to be able to hold anything like that. 

18 minutes ago, twiztor said:

like @darkchylde28 said, it could just be a non-game or n64 specific case, but i still think there has to be SOMETHING this was intended for. 

my mind keeps going back to the cd case as well, but there's no way the cd part would stay attached. those straps are WAY too stretchy to be able to hold anything like that. 

I'm thinking that the CD holder might have a long, plastic flap that slipped under the straps but they made the straps like they are so you could put something else with the flap that would hold the CD wallet in place.  I had something like that for an old MSDN CD wallet, but instead of straps, there was like a back, cloth pocket.  Anyway, after many openings and closings, the plastic flap tore off and the CDs holders just sat in the case.  Maybe this had something like that in it.

• Like 1