IGNORED

I'll take "You don't know jack" for $300 Alex!

Tabonga

I talked to B.A. about this and we thought we throw it against the wall and see if it stays there.  Most game forums have an ongoing thread that is really about nothing in particular - so I could post that "I had a lousy night -  I flew  in from Chicago and my arms are still sore" or whatever - whoever posts next can respond or talk about turkey sandwhiches - or both.  Got nothing to talk about since none of the current topics interest you - do it here.  

If it catches on (our version at SFC was "Bored members go to the lumber yard" or whatever - was immensely popular) the thread will end at about two hundred posts (makes it easier to moderate if/when the inevitable kerfluffles occur) - whoever starts the next one gets to pick the next title (using the same title accept changing the jeopardy category and the amount - exercise your creativity!)

I have a fuzzy memory of watching this weird sort of outdoor carnival thing on TV or VHS (maybe recorded from TV?) when I was little, and it had Weird Al strapping his feet to a big swinging contraption and being swung back and forth upside down like a pendulum.  Wow, there are all sorts of weird little flashes I can recall from that.  I should google it and see what the heck that was.

Okay, did I do it right? 🙂 

Mandatory post quota thread?  The more the merrier.  Honestly I want to talk about Star voyager and I don’t care about your Japanese Saturn games.  

Also, I appear to be one of the few that managed to snag Dave Chappelle tickets at a show that sold out in just over an hour.  Envy me please.

Mrs. Tellurian and I went to Golden and partook in the pizza buffet at Woody's.   Great food.  Have any  of the other Coloradans here been there?   If not it is well worth a visit.   Another great pizza place (it is actually a full blown Italian restaurant) that has most excellent pizza is Amicis - which is just a few blocks from my abode.    

Events Team · Posted
7 hours ago, Wandering Tellurian said:

Mrs. Tellurian and I went to Golden and partook in the pizza buffet at Woody's.   Great food.  Have any  of the other Coloradans here been there?   If not it is well worth a visit.   Another great pizza place (it is actually a full blown Italian restaurant) that has most excellent pizza is Amicis - which is just a few blocks from my abode.    

I'm at Woody's about once a week for lunch.  Haven't been to Amici's but I frequently drive by.  I live in between Golden and Applewood just down the road from you.  Hit me up and I'll buy you a beer. 

23 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Hit me up and I'll buy you a beer. 

Have you been to the Rock Rest Lodge?   Really interesting place.

If you haven't been there , the King Buffet at 53rd and Wadsworth is most excellent. It has only been open for a couple of months  The Yummy Yummy Super Buffet on 44th and Wadsworth is pretty good too.

What is your work schedule like - maybe we could do lunch together.   

Edited by Wandering Tellurian

Events Team · Posted
29 minutes ago, Wandering Tellurian said:
53 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:
8 hours ago, Wandering Tellurian said:

I'm at Woody's about once a week for lunch.  Haven't been to Amici's but I frequently drive by.  I live in between Golden and Applewood just down the road from you.  Hit me up and I'll buy you a beer. 

Have you been to the Rock Rest Lodge?   Really interesting place.

If you haven't been there , the King Buffet at 53rd and Wadsworth is most excellent. It has only been open for a couple of months  The Yummy Yummy Super Buffet on 44th and Wadsworth is pretty good too.

What is your work schedule like - maybe we could do lunch together.   

Go to the Rock Rest more during the summer; stop in on the motorbike.  I work in downtown Golden and grab lunch around 11 or 12.  I'm on short lunch next week but week after would be good.  Maybe Monday or Friday.

6 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Go to the Rock Rest more during the summer; stop in on the motorbike.  I work in downtown Golden and grab lunch around 11 or 12.  I'm on short lunch next week but week after would be good.  Maybe Monday or Friday.

That would work (after xmas though) - too much going on till then.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

We generally only go to lunch on Saturdays and we have a long list of places we like so we only get to most of them once every other month

5 hours ago, coffeewithmrsaturn said:

I hope I don't worry about the same things I do now when I'm twice my current age.

It was my experience that you wind up with more things as you get older - but they are generally different things.  

Maybe you will get lucky and won't make it that far.😂  Wait a minute that didn't come out right...........

You do reach a plateau where things mellow out - and you realize that things that you can't control are just that so you mellow out on those.   

.And when you get old enough you get to retire - which is a blast - if I had known how much so I would have done it decades before I did.

4 hours ago, Wandering Tellurian said:

It was my experience that you wind up with more things as you get older - but they are generally different things.  

Maybe you will get lucky and won't make it that far.😂  Wait a minute that didn't come out right...........

You do reach a plateau where things mellow out - and you realize that things that you can't control are just that so you mellow out on those.   

.And when you get old enough you get to retire - which is a blast - if I had known how much so I would have done it decades before I did.

If it wasn't for these damn kids and the lack of public health options in the United States, I could retire in my 40s. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to find joy my job and family. 😑

28 minutes ago, Wandering Tellurian said:

It is always about the money - or the lack thereof.

Yeah. I'm also super conservative about saving estimates since I grew up with very little. I'm probably saving an excessive amount for both retirement and my kids' college funds. But, obviously, it's better to have too much than not enough.

12 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Yeah. I'm also super conservative about saving estimates since I grew up with very little. I'm probably saving an excessive amount for both retirement and my kids' college funds. But, obviously, it's better to have too much than not enough.

Yeah - I grew up dirt poor too.  I still remember coming home and seeing the red notice on the door and realized it was going to another cold night.

If you have good control on your finances I have done really well with credit card promos and have gotten about $1500 back using several offers  over the last several months - and a jump in the credit rating (which never hurts).  As long as you are responsible and can be restrained it is a pretty sweet deal as far as I can see. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

I have a friend that gets on me for being cheap. I try to save as much as possible and try to be a minimalist. We were sitting at a bar and he's got the latest iPhone and I've got some LG Verizon prepaid phone I got at Family Dollar for $55 on sale. We're the same age and I have enough saved to get by and not a cent of debt so I'm good with my "boring" lifestyle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wandering Tellurian said:

Yeah - I grew up dirt poor too.  I still remember coming home and seeing the red notice on the door and realized it was going to another cold night.

If you have good control on your finances I have done really well with credit card promos and have gotten about $1500 back using several offers  over the last several months - and a jump in the credit rating (which never hurts).  As long as you are responsible and can be restrained it is a pretty sweet deal as far as I can see. 

Do you listen to Dave Ramsey by any chance? I was turned on to his show years ago and I found his material to be interesting minus the religious elements.

4 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Do you listen to Dave Ramsey by any chance? I was turned on to his show years ago and I found his material to be interesting minus the religious elements.

Only occasionally - what I heard on the money side is pretty much what we have done most of our lives - being an agnostic I ignore the other bits.

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I have a friend that gets on me for being cheap. I try to save as much as possible and try to be a minimalist. We were sitting at a bar and he's got the latest iPhone and I've got some LG Verizon prepaid phone I got at Family Dollar for $55 on sale. We're the same age and I have enough saved to get by and not a cent of debt so I'm good with my "boring" lifestyle.

Mrs.Tellurian and I have always been careful with our money - for example we have always only run one vehicle - people have always assumed it was because we couldn't afford it - nope - we put the good chunk money we didn't spend on that  to better uses.  (I realise that not everyone has that option - just worked out that way for us (with a little bit of planning).

1 minute ago, Wandering Tellurian said:

Mrs.Tellurian and I have always been careful with our money - for example we have always only run one vehicle - people have always assumed it was because we couldn't afford it - nope - we put the good chunk money we didn't spend on that  to better uses.  (I realise that not everyone has that option - just worked out that way for us (with a little bit of planning).

I'm the same way. I consider myself to be socially liberal and fiscally conservative. People can do as they please as long as they aren't hurting anyone and I will buy what I need and invest what I can so I'm prepared for what I might need in the future.

29 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

This is exactly how I am. Ten year old clothes. Phones that last me forever. Minimal debt (from when college interest rates were so low that there is no incentive to pay them off). One car paid off, one with less than a year left and interest rate of 1.5%.

I make plenty of money, so it surprises people when I replace my own sink or hand wash my car or do all the yardwork. But I enjoy being self sufficient and I know what it's like to have $5 in my bank account (thankfully those days are long gone). If I didn't waste so much money on collecting NES games, I'd be living large. 🤣😂

14 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

This is exactly how I am. Ten year old clothes. Phones that last me forever. Minimal debt (from when college interest rates were so low that there is no incentive to pay them off). One car paid off, one with less than a year left and interest rate of 1.5%.

I make plenty of money, so it surprises people when I replace my own sink or hand wash my car or do all the yardwork. But I enjoy being self sufficient and I know what it's like to have $5 in my bank account (thankfully those days are long gone). If I didn't waste so much money on collecting NES games, I'd be living large. 🤣😂

I'm even cheap when it comes to games. I got an Everdrive and an AVS console so I've got the entire NES library in HD for about $375!