IGNORED

My FIRST PlayStation 3 !

MaximumRD

If all goes as planned  within a couple weeks I will be getting my first ever PlayStation 3, a slim series model with Custom Firmware even. I had the OG PlayStation and PS2 and loved them but was put off of PS3 launch price and somehow it just slipped by me since. I won this one in a contest though much to my surprise, not sure what I can do with the Jailbreak custom firmware besides load games to hard drive, I've no interest in online play with others or if I need and PSN account to do anything with it or what is risk of messing up the custom firmware etc? All new to me, I watched a video on the process of how it was modded, frankly not hard but many tedious steps involved, now I just want to get the most out of it but it's all new to me. Anyway I intend to research and learn as much as I can, might post back here in a thread for help or suggestions once I have received and set it up. 🍻

Great system, I'm actually trying to put mine to good use again. I just recently beat the first Uncharted game (which was a great experience), and now I'm waiting on the copy of Birds of Steel I ordered to arrive.

Some games to check out:

Grand Theft Auto V

God of War series 

Ratchet and Clank series

Rayman Origins/Legends

Uncharted series

The Last of Us

Journey

Infamous series

I also really liked playing the Ducktales remake and Shovel Knight. Not sure if you'll be able to download those with your firmware mod. (I'm not sure if how it would affect anything at all actually) 

• Like 2

PS3, truly the last excellent system from Sony as the PS4 and it's library is such a let down after that.  You're really in for a treat.  I more than not agree with that game list 2 posts up, but I'd also suggest taking a peek at Dragon's Crown as it's fantastic, and if you do get God of War, save yourself a headache there is a Saga package that has the games all in one standard case which is nice.  Uncharted though was like the IP of excellence from that generation that was new, a modern take of an Indiana Jones like scamming rogue, story writing is just crazy good like should have been a set of books and movies good.

• Like 1

Some other fun games to check out that haven't been mentioned yet:

3D Dot Game Heroes

Asura's Wrath

Bioshock Trilogy 

Blur 

Burnout Paradise 

Dead Space 1 & 2

Dishonored 

Dragon's Crown 

El Shaddai 

Enslaved Odyssey to the West