IGNORED

Steam Sale

zeppelin03

While not the big winter sale the steam autumn sale has started.  I picked up half life collection, roller coaster tycoon 2, and a steam controller.

With that new half life vr game announced it seems like a great time to finally play through the series.

OpenRCT2 has always sounded cool and being able to skip mouse/keyboard on the couch will open up a lot more options.

Still hoping to get Code Vein but debating on seeing if the winter sale has a better deal.

Anyone else pick up some cool stuff?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw some items I care about are on cut, problem is just not enough, which is kind of bad consider I've been wanting COD WW2 but even at 60% the reviews are hard to peg down if it's bad or not for the only mode I'd play, campaign mode.  I've seen cursing and mouth foaming over something with flight and tank stages.

26 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Are those controllers really that great?  I remember the moaning when it came out about something with that touch sensitive d-pad or whatever is going on there.

The dpad is weird because it is really a haptic pad similar to what replaced the right stick.

But for playing PC games from your couch, yes the controller is that great, and there is nothing else like it.

If the left haptic pad had been a proper dpad, the device would have been nearly perfect.

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Ahh well (both posts) that makes sense.  At $5 why not, and I can see that the haptic would make a decent replacement for a second stick, kind of mouse like or something being less rigid thank an actual stick.

I was a little unsure but was reading that people even stopped using keyboard and mouse.  The stream controller subreddit seems to be in agreement that you won't care for it at first but once you give it some time it's amazing.  I really hope to play cities skylines etc on the couch.

14 hours ago, zeppelin03 said:

I was a little unsure but was reading that people even stopped using keyboard and mouse.  The stream controller subreddit seems to be in agreement that you won't care for it at first but once you give it some time it's amazing.  I really hope to play cities skylines etc on the couch.

Yeah, there are quite a few KB+Mouse games that are playable comfortably with the controller and the ergonomics feel awesome.

That said, yes, there is a considerable learning curve, and some games have much more intuitive possibilities for controller layouts than others.

But you can completely customize it yourself for any game you want, completely independently of whether a game supports controller input, since in Steam, the controller is in fact a keyboard and mouse proxy.