Jump to content
IGNORED

NWC 35th Anniversary PRO Edition


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hey all, I'm promoting Thor and my 35th anniversary NWC CIB, selling through kickstarter.  We changed the levels this time (and colors), signed the backs and included a nice box and manual filled with personal memories of the original event in 1990.

Heres a fun promo we made for it.  (Starring Thor, myself and Uncle Tusk!!)

And here is the kickstarter link.  I know it's kind of expensive, but our 25th Anniversary is being resold for big money and a cart only just sold for $400 a couple months ago.

http://kck.st/3Vh50C1

Thanks for your time!

Edited by Tetris Mattress
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2024 at 10:43 AM, Tetris Mattress said:

Hey all, I'm promoting Thor and my 35th anniversary NWC CIB, selling through kickstarter.  We changed the levels this time (and colors), signed the backs and included a nice box and manual filled with personal memories of the original event in 1990.

Heres a fun promo we made for it.  (Starring Thor, myself and Uncle Tusk!!)

And here is the kickstarter link.  I know it's kind of expensive, but our 25th Anniversary is being resold for big money and a cart only just sold for $400 a couple months ago.

http://kck.st/3Vh50C1

Thanks for your time!

Nice video. Was good to see you, Thor, and Tusk. Made me LOL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was a backer, hope it has some future. I kinda expected it with the AI takedown bots scouring KS constantly...
Hope the future finds another avenue

I do think the price was a bit steep. Even if someone sold the 10 year old one for $400, I could point to lots of 10 year old games, homebrew, indie, and retail, that are worth even more than that now, with anywhere from 10 to thousands of copies made. That doesn't mean they should have cost more to begin with. Price it so that people who wanna play it can get to it, and signatures aren't worth an extra $80+. It's definitely your right to do it however you like, but I wanted to share my thoughts on that.

Edited by Hastor
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never understood why we need to be using Kickstarter for these kinds of projects. I see tons of people releasing games without the need of Kickstarter, and in this day and age we already have molds for cartridge shells, pcb manufacturing is cheap, etc. And given that this is someone else's IP as well, it just doesn't make sense to me why we need a KS. If special boards are needed, pay someone to engineer them. Produce the thing at 100 copies, sell for $50 each, that's 5K. Or do 200 copies or whatever. 

It was a cool project though.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Typically a KS for a completed game is for manufacturing costs, if they aren't there upfront. I could make a game but not afford to make hundreds of physical carts without a KS or something. And yeah maybe a little profit in there, but I think it was too steep in this case. Trying to make part of the future value back upfront is weird.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I never understood why we need to be using Kickstarter for these kinds of projects. I see tons of people releasing games without the need of Kickstarter, and in this day and age we already have molds for cartridge shells, pcb manufacturing is cheap, etc. And given that this is someone else's IP as well, it just doesn't make sense to me why we need a KS. If special boards are needed, pay someone to engineer them. Produce the thing at 100 copies, sell for $50 each, that's 5K. Or do 200 copies or whatever. 

It was a cool project though.

Other than the free advertising, the point of doing NES games on KS is to have precise sale numbers before you manufacture the physical carts so that you don't have to worry about over-producing or under-producing your product...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Other than the free advertising, the point of doing NES games on KS is to have precise sale numbers before you manufacture the physical carts so that you don't have to worry about over-producing or under-producing your product...

Well that's all fine and good aside from the fact that some people don't do Kickstarter. I'm still waiting on a game from one of those.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...