IGNORED

NES Slotmaster?

Tulpa

I bought the pre-assembled version. Since my Analogue NT noir is acting up again it’ll be nice to have a backup for it just in case. I’ve got a couple boxed NES consoles I can throw this in. $10 for USPS ground advantage. It also says preorder but the delivery date ETA is 4/22 so I’m not sure what preorder means. Will report back

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Well I was still waiting for this to ship but I got an email today that said they discovered a defect with the current version hardware and Everdrives so they have to change up parts and do some other stuff so it’ll be about 4 or so weeks before this ships. Bummer since my NT Noir is back with Analogue for repairs 

Edited by a3quit4s

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2024 at 1:22 PM, a3quit4s said:

Well I was still waiting for this to ship but I got an email today that said they discovered a defect with the current version hardware and Everdrives so they have to change up parts and do some other stuff so it’ll be about 4 or so weeks before this ships. Bummer since my NT Noir is back with Analogue for repairs 

So I got mine in the mail today after it being delayed with the above. I installed it on two different NES toasters and I can’t even get a game to boot on either. I used the Tetris I played on for the weekly contest so I know the game is fine and I cleaned the 72 pin connector pins on the NES and still nothing but blinking light on both. I’d personally pass on this product in the future. Maybe someone else will have better luck with it?

edit: and I got one of the consoles to work with the original 72 pin so yeah this thing sucks lmao

Edited by a3quit4s

On 6/28/2024 at 5:56 PM, a3quit4s said:

So I got mine in the mail today after it being delayed with the above. I installed it on two different NES toasters and I can’t even get a game to boot on either. I used the Tetris I played on for the weekly contest so I know the game is fine and I cleaned the 72 pin connector pins on the NES and still nothing but blinking light on both. I’d personally pass on this product in the future. Maybe someone else will have better luck with it?

edit: and I got one of the consoles to work with the original 72 pin so yeah this thing sucks lmao

I want to update this post -

I was chatting with Laser Bear on email and he wanted to send me a new unit but I told him that wasn’t necessary so he suggested re-flowing the solder points on both boards, 144 total (why I paid for the pre-built lol). I did that and also cleaned the heck out of the 72 pin connector on my toasters motherboard. I got it back together enough to test and while Tetris wasn’t working still, I tried yoshis cookie and rampage and they both fired up on the first try without cleaning any pins. I have the licensed version of Tetris (works fine on analogue nt) so I replied back to see if he had one he could test. I didn’t test any other games the first time so that is a fail on my part. 

Either way, since Rampage and Yoshis Cookie fired up first try without cleaning, I give this a solid must buy for anyone trying to extend the life their toaster. The eject mechanism is awesome and the fact that it doesn’t bite as hard as the OEM connector, yes sir. Laser Bear did also tell me the connector parts are the same ones used on Blinking Light Win for the record.