• Electric Callboy - "Pump It"

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Editorials Team · Posted

I'm checking the previous brackets right now, and at a glance it appears that by the end of the third round every single song left standing has been from the 1980s or 1990s.

...with the sole exception of Change/Pump It, because that region had two songs from 2000 as their oldest entries.

4 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'm checking the previous brackets right now, and at a glance it appears that by the end of the third round every single song left standing has been from the 1980s or 1990s.

...with the sole exception of Change/Pump It, because that region had two songs from 2000 as their oldest entries.

It's almost like this forum is full of people who grew up during that era and enjoy that kind of music.......

With that said, our ages really show up in our poll results.  Just look at the Fortnite debate.

Editorials Team · Posted
16 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

It's almost like this forum is full of people who grew up during that era and enjoy that kind of music.......

With that said, our ages really show up in our poll results.  Just look at the Fortnite debate.

Just imagine, in a parallel universe the two highest rated (and nostalgia-driven) games are Minecraft and Fortnite 😄

Editorials Team · Posted

It's also interesting that I'd imagine many of us were in high school in the 2000s, but many of the songs from that era actually underperform.

Does that speak to how that era is looked at?  Have I just somehow avoided the songs that people have strong feelings for?  Have the numbers and matchups just not worked in their favor?  All of the above?

40 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

It's also interesting that I'd imagine many of us were in high school in the 2000s, but many of the songs from that era actually underperform.

Does that speak to how that era is looked at?  Have I just somehow avoided the songs that people have strong feelings for?  Have the numbers and matchups just not worked in their favor?  All of the above?

I'm not sure why, but the music I listed to in the 2000s hasn't aged nearly as well as the music I listened to in the 80s and 90s.  I've thought about this before, but I can't pin point a reason.   

46 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Just imagine, in a parallel universe the two highest rated (and nostalgia-driven) games are Minecraft and Fortnite 😄

When my kinds are in their 40s, I'm sure they will have nostalgic feelings for Minecraft and Roblox and they will be complaining about the crappy games their kids are playing.