IGNORED

1PG Famicom Project Blue Kickstarter

fcgamer

5 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Have you contacted them through Kickstarter itself? Frankengraphics hasn't visited VGS in over a year now, so the ping is probably floating in the aether.

I've contacted various people regarding the project off and on throughout the past several years, I think the last time I got a response from First Press Games themselves was roughly a year ago, but only after threatening to leave a bad review. Until then, all emails went unanswered.

From my understanding, due to COVID-19 supplies got messed up and therefore since FPG wanted to source everything from Japan to maintain their made in Japan image, things got delayed. But COVID-19 was how many years ago now? Similarly, the game Project Blue is available for sale on Famicom format on some sites, some people have it, yet Kickstarter backers still don't have theirs (well at least I don't, and in the somewhat near future I'm hoping to move house).

The whole situation, it's just crap after spending about $100 or whatever, and I think the only way anything will come from this is to make the situation known publicly. I'm sure the devs received their money years ago, so what does it matter to them if Kickstarter backers like me received our game? That said, suddenly there's a bit more skin in the game if the situation is made public.

It's something that honestly needs to be addressed, sooner than later, rather than just sending countless emails into a black hole year after year and getting the same similar replies.

31 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

How the crap do they have the Famicom version for sale in their store but you didn’t get a kickstarter copy??

https://projectblue.bigcartel.com/product/project-blue-famicom-cartridge

I think it's because some backers (like myself) backed a higher tier that came with extra crap. It's been so Iong I can't even remember what all was supposed to come with 😭

Administrator · Posted

Yeah I'm not a fan of the waits with Kickstarter and similar, especially when one impacts the other (I backed something on Indiegogo expecting to get it in March this year, but apparently there was also a Kickstarter and those backers are first in line...). 

Hopefully someone sees this and responds, but I'd go double on your comms and send the company another message on Kickstarter and/or twitter/whatever to be like "hey I made this thread, any news on famicom version being sent out?". 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I think it's because some backers (like myself) backed a higher tier that came with extra crap. It's been so Iong I can't even remember what all was supposed to come with 😭

I would at least try to use the stores contact form to see if you can get a regular version at least, it’s been so long I doubt they have any of the extras left that you were supposed to get. 

It's incredibly frustrating to say the least, but the special editions have still not finished production. To be clear, the production of these cartridges is handled by First Press Games, not by Frankengraphics nor by me. If you check their release progress page, they claim it should be done soon (yesterday, in fact).

https://firstpressgames.com/pages/release-progress

That said, I do have some regular editions kicking around, I can send you one if you like. It's the best I can do given the circumstances.

• Like 3