IGNORED

Buy lots and find out specific games/items are missing

3 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I think sometimes people just get greedy, sadly enough. The friend knew I had been the first in line for the lot of games, but he pressured the seller after not following instructions. It's a situation where I pretend that I don't know he's the one who did this, to maintain friendship and relationship for buying/trading things from said friend in the future, but at the same time I've definitely lost some respect for the person.

I think this situation happens a lot more than we think. Particularly if the interest is a highly niche market like the rare items, you are bound to know a fair few of the similar types of collectors. Unfortunately, if you’re chasing after the same thing and they pop up once every few years, more “backdooring” is likely to occur than the common variety. Greed is certainly a factor, but also the drive to complete a set can make some people do funny things.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, GPX said:

Why would you assume A?

That's quite simple really. Games were being sold together in a lot, conditions weren't described properly, and there was a dead bug in a cruddy -looking cartridge. This doesn't really sound like collector territory tbh 😜

10 hours ago, fcgamer said:

That's quite simple really. Games were being sold together in a lot, conditions weren't described properly, and there was a dead bug in a cruddy -looking cartridge. This doesn't really sound like collector territory tbh 😜

Not sure why you’re arguing like the seller sounds like a swell guy? 😇

Though I do I understand to some extent  where you’re coming from. The issue is with the SMS game cases is that there are small crevices that dust or very small insects can enter if left in storage for a long time. If the game cases have cracks  then that increases the chance of unwanted entries. 

So I wasn’t majorly angry with the bug found inside a common game, but more so the response I got from seller. Bearing also in mind that I’m not usually the type to bad mouth sellers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GPX said:

Not sure why you’re arguing like the seller sounds like a swell guy? 😇

Though I do I understand to some extent  where you’re coming from. The issue is with the SMS game cases is that there are small crevices that dust or very small insects can enter if left in storage for a long time. If the game cases have cracks  then that increases the chance of unwanted entries. 

So I wasn’t majorly angry with the bug found inside a common game, but more so the response I got from seller. Bearing also in mind that I’m not usually the type to bad mouth sellers. 

I was just explaining why I assumed it was a random guy clearing out his attic than a collector, hence the difference in expectations. 😉

Anyways, if it is a collector, he should know better and we should burn him at the stake for his transgressions. 

Either way, thanks for the clarification, and I apologize if I came across as antagonistic.

On 3/31/2024 at 7:22 PM, GPX said:

2. One game was in appalling condition with tatty manual and a dead bug among the pins, with rust. Yep, a damn bug!

Was it a cool looking bug? Maybe you could try spinning the "It's not a bug it's a feature" angle and flip it

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, from Goodwill store auctions, multiple times. They have some shady people working for them. The items pulled were always the gem or expensive games. I bought one lot that had five games pulled. Being that they own the site, they have control, unlike a Mercari, ebay, Amazon, who treat their sellers like trash when a buyer misuses the return policy, but will protect you when a seller does something like this.