IGNORED

Completing Every North American SNES Game 100%

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

@bronzeshield is the guy to ask since he runs an atariage thread that globally tracks all this stuff.

Two different twitch guys kind of got close(ish), but I think they were pretty loose with the sports game requirements.  Peebs and Absnerdity.  I haven't checked in on either in awhile.  I think they were basically doing it as a full-time job .

There's a ton of other people that tried and quit almost immediately.

Really puts it into perspective of how hard the library really is if people are doing it as a full time job.

I'm always looking over your list when I need a SNES game to play. Got one more for my backlog this year so I'll see what else I should check out from your rankings.

20 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

@bronzeshield is the guy to ask since he runs an atariage thread that globally tracks all this stuff.

Two different twitch guys kind of got close(ish), but I think they were pretty loose with the sports game requirements.  Peebs and Absnerdity.  I haven't checked in on either in awhile.  I think they were basically doing it as a full-time job .

Absnerdity quit after 540 games (very late to quit!), whereas Peebs basically finished but had some weird loose ends left over involving peripherals.

I largely stopped tracking Twitch streamers back in 2021, since there's that big Google Doc with all of them. As you say, there are tons of people who started a project and bailed out after a small number of games.

On the Sega end of things at least one person finished their Genesis quest but, like most people who do this stuff, there was at least one sports game where I know it has a more definitive ending than what that person did.

Most of the successful completion projects I know of involve libraries of N64 size or smaller. Master System, TurboGrafx-16, 32X, Virtual Boy are all very achievable and have been done (not 100% sure about the Master System).

BTW @Reed Rothchild (just to bust your chops a bit) I need to be your personal Toys coach or something to get you one game closer to the full set. That game is easy -- I have no idea why so many people struggle with it, though you're far from alone in that!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bronzeshield said:

Absnerdity quit after 540 games (very late to quit!), whereas Peebs basically finished but had some weird loose ends left over involving peripherals.

I largely stopped tracking Twitch streamers back in 2021, since there's that big Google Doc with all of them. As you say, there are tons of people who started a project and bailed out after a small number of games.

On the Sega end of things at least one person finished their Genesis quest but, like most people who do this stuff, there was at least one sports game where I know it has a more definitive ending than what that person did.

Most of the successful completion projects I know of involve libraries of N64 size or smaller. Master System, TurboGrafx-16, 32X, Virtual Boy are all very achievable and have been done (not 100% sure about the Master System).

BTW @Reed Rothchild (just to bust your chops a bit) I need to be your personal Toys coach or something to get you one game closer to the full set. That game is easy -- I have no idea why so many people struggle with it, though you're far from alone in that!

Great list! It's really interesting reading your post on atariage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1