IGNORED

Completing Every North American SNES Game 100%

Guests · Posted

This is something I’ve wanted to do for a while. I have seen a lot of people, especially on here, trying to complete every game on a system. I’ve decided to try and complete every SNES game. I will update this whenever I have completed a game.

Guests · Posted

1/715 - Super Metroid

IMG_1603.jpeg.04f84d804d16effad8b45bd1da831a77.jpeg

Requirements For 100%

• Obtain 100% of All Items in the Game
  • Rescue the Animals
  • Complete the Game
  • Get the Best Ending (Beat the Game Under 3 Hours)

This one surprisingly wasn’t too hard to do. I used a map to get all the items (it would take too much time to find them on my own). The hardest part was beating the game under 3 hours. I was constantly worrying near the end of the run if I wasn’t going to make the time limit. Surprisingly, I did it first try, but just on the skin of my teeth. Despite that, this is a must play cult classic game. This has to be one of my favorite SNES games, and I’m sure almost anyone could agree with that.

Edited by GamerSmith548

Guests · Posted

2/715 - Donkey Kong Country

IMG_1601.jpeg.6295b0e357db0377b463e0db7acb3eb7.jpeg

Requirements For 101%

• Find Every Bonus Room
  • Complete the Game

I was honestly really surprised by how hard this game really was. The game started off fairly simple, but it really pulled out all the stops as you progressed. Finding the bonus rooms was surprisingly fun and they were very entertaining to find. Although I used a map to find them, they were hidden quite well. Note that I did not do the Cranky Kong run that many people decide to do, as it does not affect anything at the end of the game.

Edited by GamerSmith548

Guests · Posted

3/715 - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

IMG_1602.jpeg.4ffdf67d7b4b728c50a7052a032e9801.jpeg

Requirements For 102%

• Complete Every Bonus Room and Get Every Kremkoin
  • Get Every DK Coin and Become the Best Video Game Hero
  • Buy All of Cranky's Hints
  • Buy All of Wrinkly's Hints
  • Complete All of Swanky's Games
  • Complete the Game
  • Complete the Lost World and Get the True Ending

I knew I was definitely going to enjoy this one after the spectacular game that was DKC1, but this one somehow greatly  surpassed its predecessor. When it comes to completing the game to its fullest, there is a lot more to do. First of all, you have to complete the bonus rooms, which reward you with kremkoins, which you use to enter the Lost World. Then, there are the DK coins, which will increase your status as a video game hero. This game strives to innovate far more than the first game, and somehow manages to become more of a masterpiece. I wish I could say more, but this is a certain must play.

Edited by GamerSmith548

Guests · Posted

4/715 - Mega Man X

IMG_1600.jpeg.9145e986810036c535cefcfee1dbabc2.jpeg

Requirements For 100%

• Get Every Special Weapon
  • Obtain Every Armor Part
  • Obtain Every Heart Tank
  • Obtain Every Sub Tank
  • Obtain the Hadouken
  • Complete the Game

This is one of the first SNES games I ever played and is probably one of the most nostalgic for me. I have to say, it still holds up. I didn’t have to use a guide at all. I think I have all the locations of the hidden armor pieces and items engraved in my brain at this point. This is the example of a great transition to next gen consoles. The more serious tone makes it a much more different Mega Man experience, and the amount of secrets in the game makes it more appealing to a completionist like me. 31 years after release, it still holds up.

Guests · Posted

5/715 - Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!

IMG_1632.jpeg.ce64064bf0b9169aae9ea382259300a0.jpeg

Requirements For 105%

• Complete Every Bonus Room and Get Every Bonus Coin
  • Get Every DK Coin and Obtain the Gyrocopter
  • Find Every Banana Bird
  • Get Every Item and Do Every Brothers Bear Event
  • Obtain All of Funky's Vehicles
  • Complete the Game
  • Get Every Gear to Reveal Knautilus
  • Complete Krematoa and free the Banana Queen to Get the True Ending (This Rewards You With 103%)
  • Fulfill These Requirements and Beat the Game on Hard Mode to Obtain the Rank of Immortal Monkey (You Will Receive 105%)

This one took me MUCH longer than I expected to beat it, but I do have to say it was enjoyable. Although this one is considered a letdown by many, I believe that it does deserve some attention. This game had a LOT to do. Not only that, you have to replay the ENTIRE game on a hard difficulty the game doesn’t even tell you about. I enjoyed my first play, but  when replaying it on hard mode, it made it feel a bit stale. I do recommend this game, though, but I’m just glad I can finally see 105% on the menu screen.

Guests · Posted

6/715 - Super Castlevania IV

IMG_1642.jpeg.8aa00263243c69072c51196d4e2735ca.jpeg

Requirements For 100%

• Complete the Game

Super Castlevania IV feels like a loveletter to Castlevania fans. This game has so many types of fan service, from music remixes from past games to epic and nostalgic boss fights. Konami clearly showed how much they cared about the franchise through this entry. Not only that, the soundtrack is top notch, too. Even if you haven’t played a Castlevania game, this one is a must play.

Guests · Posted

7/715 - NHLPA Hockey 93

IMG_1646.jpeg.5e1b0c972e5fa4a532e20f4ada38999b.jpeg

Requirements For 100%

• Complete the Playoffs

Compared to other sports games, this one just isn’t too good. The graphics are choppy, it’s annoying how hard it is to score goals, and you are constantly hearing “OOOF! OOOF!” every time a player gets hit. I’m not a sports game guy, but I feel that I would only recommend this game to hockey enthusiasts. However, you might get some fun out of it on 2 Player mode.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

Sweet LAWD!

You are really going for it. SNES and GameBoy at the same time? Yeesh!

Well Done Reaction GIF

Yeah, I mean, good luck to @GamerSmith548 but he's tackling 3x systems-- NES, SNES and GB.  I hope this is a life long quest because I'm pretty sure that's what it's going to take to 100% well over 2,000 games.

But I'd say it's not impossible, if he has the skillz and the dedication.  I'm personally in the idea of something like this but it'd probably take me the rest of my life to 100% just the N64 library (singled out for it's size) cause of how bad I suck at games.

Regardless, if he just does it to enjoy the ride, I think he can get far!  I'll be watching/reading the whole time.

• Like 1

Just now, RH said:

Yeah, I mean, good luck to @GamerSmith548 but he's tackling 3x systems-- NES, SNES and GB.  I hope this is a life long quest because I'm pretty sure that's what it's going to take to 100% well over 2,000 games.

But I'd say it's not impossible, if he has the skillz and the dedication.  I'm personally in the idea of something like this but it'd probably take me the rest of my life to 100% just the N64 library (singled out for it's size) cause of how bad I suck at games.

Regardless, if he just does it to enjoy the ride, I think he can get far!  I'll be watching/reading the whole time.

AND NES?

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH!

That's what the slow clap was for.

Enjoy that ride! Moving at a hell of a clip right now...

• Like 1

Guests · Posted
1 hour ago, RH said:

Yeah, I’m assuming that it will take me years and years to do it, or maybe even never, but I’m enjoying the ride so far! Thanks for following my content!

Edited by GamerSmith548

Graphics Team · Posted
46 minutes ago, GamerSmith548 said:

Yeah, I’m assuming that it will take me years and years to do it, or maybe even never, but I’m enjoying the ride so far! Thanks for following my content!

I was actually wondering if you'd done the math to see how long this would theoretically take. Even managing to 100% complete 2 games a week would take over 20 years for the bulk of these libraries haha.

Anyway - it's quite a goal and I admire your enthusiasm for it!

[T-Pac]

Guests · Posted
3 minutes ago, T-Pac said:

I was actually wondering if you'd done the math to see how long this would theoretically take. Even managing to 100% complete 2 games a week would take over 20 years for the bulk of these libraries haha.

[T-Pac]

I have never done the math, but seeing how I’m completing everything on original hardware, it would probably take more time trying to get copies of games then actually playing them.

7 minutes ago, GamerSmith548 said:

I have never done the math, but seeing how I’m completing everything on original hardware, it would probably take more time trying to get copies of games then actually playing them.

Well then, I must ask... what's your Stadium Events strategy?  Unless you have deeeeeep pockets, that one's not going to get any cheaper.

And now that tangent just led me to something else in my mind, how do you plan to tackle the other pad-based NES games?  You going to use an actual floor pad controller?  I've not tried to fiddle with one for over a decade but I don't think they work that great any more, plus that plastic is getting brittle.

Has anyone ever remade on of these, maybe even more sturdy than the OG?  To Google!

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, T-Pac said:

[T-Pac]

Beating (not completing) 400ish titles took me approx. 20-30 years, and that was the easier half of the library...

Championship Pool and Might and Magic III are just 2 of the massive hurdles in front of him.

But yeah, it can be a very fun and rewarding journey, even if we never reach the destination.  I'm proud of what I did and regret nothing.

14 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Beating (not completing) 400ish titles took me approx. 20-30 years, and that was the easier half of the library...

Any chance you could expand on this? That seems like a really long time. I thought you beat it over 7-8 years for some reason.

Editorials Team · Posted
11 hours ago, Brickman said:

Any chance you could expand on this? That seems like a really long time. I thought you beat it over 7-8 years for some reason.

30 years ago is when I got my SNES and started beating the titles.  But it went into overdrive when I joined NA.  I'd have to go back and look, but I believe 2015 was the year I beat 100+ for the first time, which is substantially higher than any year leading up to that.  I'm sure if it charted it out, it would be about 40 games in the 90s, another 50 games in the 2000s and early 2010s, and then 300+ in the last 9 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

30 years ago is when I got my SNES and started beating the titles.  But it went into overdrive when I joined NA.  I'd have to go back and look, but I believe 2015 was the year I beat 100+ for the first time, which is substantially higher than any year leading up to that.  I'm sure if it charted it out, it would be about 40 games in the 90s, another 50 games in the 2000s and early 2010s, and then 300+ in the last 9 years.

Much longer than I thought. Do you know the average game time? I’m guessing all the RPGs really pushed this library’s play time.

Also does that mean you couldn’t beat roughly 300 games (give or take)? I haven’t read every single review but you have knocked off every game I have read including some really notable hard games. 

Editorials Team · Posted
57 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Much longer than I thought. Do you know the average game time? I’m guessing all the RPGs really pushed this library’s play time.

Also does that mean you couldn’t beat roughly 300 games (give or take)? I haven’t read every single review but you have knocked off every game I have read including some really notable hard games. 

Yes. 

There's games where I can reach the final boss but can't get over the hump (Metal Warriors, Wizardry V, Zombies Ate My Neighbors)

Games where the overall difficulty has defeated me (Jim Power, Championship Pool)

Games that I'm not sure anyone on planet Earth has conquered them (Sports Illustrated Football and Baseball)

Games where I spent night after night, suffering through their pain, unable to get a complete run together (Cutthroat Island, Lethal Weapon, so many others).

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Yes. 

There's games where I can reach the final boss but can't get over the hump (Metal Warriors, Wizardry V, Zombies Ate My Neighbors)

Games where the overall difficulty has defeated me (Jim Power, Championship Pool)

Games that I'm not sure anyone on planet Earth has conquered them (Sports Illustrated Football and Baseball)

Games where I spent night after night, suffering through their pain, unable to get a complete run together (Cutthroat Island, Lethal Weapon, so many others).

Wow pretty interesting. Do you know of anyone who has finished it? The library sounds as hard as the NES library.

Editorials Team · Posted
6 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Wow pretty interesting. Do you know of anyone who has finished it? The library sounds as hard as the NES library.

@bronzeshield is the guy to ask since he runs an atariage thread that globally tracks all this stuff.

Two different twitch guys kind of got close(ish), but I think they were pretty loose with the sports game requirements.  Peebs and Absnerdity.  I haven't checked in on either in awhile.  I think they were basically doing it as a full-time job .

There's a ton of other people that tried and quit almost immediately.

• Like 1