IGNORED

Ebay guy has documentation for print runs of Gamecube Double Packs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/116043543066

Not sure if this was posted somewhere but it's not often we get numbers beyond "uhhhh its rare, so 10,000". It's cool to have a barometer of real production numbers compared to how rare something "feels".

Sonic Heroes Super Monkey Ball Duo Pack - 7500
Super Monkey Ball 2-Pack - 14819
Sonic Adventure 2-pack - 10800
Pure Evil 2-pack - 12600

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

Nice eye.  I love that it seems "authentic" to have some information, but I question those numbers a bit.  The Pure Evil is relatively common compared to the rest, I'm highly skeptical more Super Monkey balls were printed than it.  You also think that Sonic would have printed more than Super Monkey Ball... Sonic was much more of a bread winner wasn't it?

1 hour ago, jonebone said:

Nice eye.  I love that it seems "authentic" to have some information, but I question those numbers a bit.  The Pure Evil is relatively common compared to the rest, I'm highly skeptical more Super Monkey balls were printed than it.  You also think that Sonic would have printed more than Super Monkey Ball... Sonic was much more of a bread winner wasn't it?

Perhaps, but then aren't these collections regular disks inside new packaging? Is it possible that they had too many Monkey Ball disks leftover, so they repackaged them in double packs?

2 hours ago, jonebone said:

This is where it started and might provide more insight 

• Like 2

Moderator · Posted
3 hours ago, jonebone said:

Not saying that the data is right, but at that point in Sonic’s lifespan, he was struggling and Super Monkey Ball was doing very well from my standpoint. Knew lots of people playing Monkey Ball and no one playing Sonic. 

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...