IGNORED

TurboGrafx-16 Weekly Contest Round 1: Bonk's Adventure

Hello and welcome to the first round of the TurboGrafx-16 Weekly Contest!  This week's game is Bonk's Adventure.  Keep your enemies in the air as long as possible to maximize your score!

- Play area 1-1

- Score as many points as you can without moving on to area 1-2

- Highest score wins

- Turbo is not allowed

- You have until 11:00 PM EST on Sunday, January 7, 2024 to submit your score.

For general contest rules, click here:

Good luck and have fun!

Scoreboard:

1. Dr. Morbis (1,300 points)

Edited by Red
  • Like 1

If you're willing to take some constructive criticism, I feel like you started this contest way too early, as many people are/were still in the midst of their holiday shenanigans in the first week of January; it would have been better if you had started in maybe the third week of January when everyone's day to day lives have gotten back to normal.

Anyway, I said I would participate if you did TG games, so here I am 🙂.  You didn't specify in the rules if this was a one life contest or if we were supposed to burn our lives to maximize our score, so I erred on the side of caution and this is what I ended up with after killing every enemy on 1-1 on a single life (including a trip back to the start to see if any of them respawn; answer: they don't)...

BA.JPG

Edited by Dr. Morbis

52 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

If you're willing to take some constructive criticism, I feel like you started this contest way too early, as many people are/were still in the midst of their holiday shenanigans in the first week of January; it would have been better if you had started in maybe the third week of January when everyone's day to day lives have gotten back to normal.

Anyway, I said I would participate if you did TG games, so here I am 🙂.  You didn't specify in the rules if this was a one life contest or if we were supposed to burn our lives to maximize our score, so I erred on the side of caution and this is what I ended up with after killing every enemy on 1-1 on a single life (including a trip back to the start to see if any of them respawn; answer: they don't)...

I wanted to start this earlier to coincide with the end of the NES contest, but didn't have it ready in time.  I realized that the New Year's Eve start date may not have been ideal, but I didn't want to start so late that it would be still running when the NES contest starts up again.

As far as I could tell, having a one life rule wouldn't make much of a difference.  Enemies don't respawn when you lose a life and I'd assume anyone participating in this contest is an experienced enough player that having to stay alive in the first area wouldn't add a significant challenge.