IGNORED

2024 New Year’s Resolution (gaming/collecting/real life stuff)

GPX

The new year is about to kick into gear! The Christmas holiday is making you feel sluggish with all the foods and drinks you’ve ingested in the recent week. Do you continue this trend of gluttony and spend, or will this year be something…newish?

My aims in 2024, in no particular order:

1. Get fit and healthy. 
  Through work and family commitments over the pandemic years, I’ve suffered from burnout on a couple of occasions and had stopped playing sports for the first 2 years of the pandemic between 2020-2021. I’m aiming now to purely focus on health, and will do less work hours overall. 

2. Buy a new house. 
   My collection is overflowing and need to buy a new home to then take the games out of their stored boxes and put them on proper display shelves and cabinets. The time to act is now!

3. Start a new life venture.

I’m also planning to do less gaming/collecting overall and will do something different this year. Might join a tennis club to start playing competitively for the first time, start a new YouTube channel, go on a marathon run…at least something new! Get my ass off the gaming couch!

4. Inspired by @T-Pac, I will continue to draw more art and maybe take over the reign as chief art person on VGS. Or maybe not. But definitely will do at least a drawing for Ink-tober. Heck yeah!

• Love 1

Unfortunately I'm gonna be tapped out for quite some time (I sadly don't get to splurge very much on account of only getting SSDI 😞 ) so obviously you all know what they say about slow and steady and all that right?  Well several months back I got into stamp collecting (don't laugh) and so far I got all the US ones from the 70s/80s so I'm hoping to add as many years into the 90s (and 60s/50s/40s are surprisingly affordable) as I can.  I also would love to get the last few American silver eagles I need to finish my set (1986, 1995-98) so yeah right now my focus is on my stamp collection rather than video games (sorry).  Yeah go ahead and let me have it...

• Like 1

I'm not really a fan of "resolutions" per se. However I can share my plans and goals for 2024.

Projects:
- Finish my Radar Scope speech board software
- Finish my Gorf LED rank board project
- Finish my Enigma 2 arcade repro pcb
- Asteroids Deluxe arcade cabinet restoration
- Donkey Kong Jr arcade cabinet restoration
- Punch-out arcade cabinet restoration
- Repro several Nintendo Computer Othello parts and build new upright cabinet (stretch goal)

Life Goals:
- Eliminate at least three of my nine remaining student loans. Only relatively small government ones left so I kind of wanna hammer them out
- Purchase my first house.

Edited by SNESNESCUBE64
  • Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

I started a Portable Wii project years ago, and as part of procrastinating that, I started a Portable N64 project last summer. They're dragging real hard and I can see myself not completing them for many years to come. I need to finish one or the other in 2024, or else I'll throw them both out. Promise. This post is the contract.

Signed,
Splain

• Like 2

Graphics Team · Posted
On 12/27/2023 at 11:22 PM, GPX said:

4. Inspired by @T-Pac, I will continue to draw more art and maybe take over the reign as chief art person on VGS. Or maybe not. But definitely will do at least a drawing for Ink-tober. Heck yeah!

Heck yeah! I'm gonna hold you to this once Ink-tober rolls back around!

[T-Pac]

Graphics Team · Posted

I have a few goals this year:

1 ) Complain less / be less cynical.

2 ) Make solid progress on the short-film I'm animating.

3 ) Try to finish most (if not all) of my 2024 Backlog games (with a "T-Pac Arcade" video for each.)

4 ) Focus on collecting for my Genesis, PC Engine, and Game Boy shoot-em-up libraries.

[T-Pac]

• Like 2

12 hours ago, T-Pac said:

Heck yeah! I'm gonna hold you to this once Ink-tober rolls back around!

[T-Pac]

Go ahead, make my day. 🥳

If I do end up doing a YouTube channel, I might have to ask a few hints and tips. Or else I might have to hire you to do some professional art. Hoping you charge around $10 per hour, too wishful on my part?