IGNORED

NES American Video Entertainment Cartridge Variants

cordwainer1453

@Code Monkey why didn't you just put all the pics in one post?  Also, why did you include non AVE games?

Edit: Also just realized you posted pics of the variants that are already confirmed.  We need the uncut corners, not the cut ones.  The only cut one that doesn't have a pic yet is Maxi 15.

Edited by the_wizard_666
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, the_wizard_666 said:

@Code Monkey why didn't you just put all the pics in one post?  Also, why did you include non AVE games?

Yeah, that was kind of funny; plus the King of Kings pic has a mis-matched box and cart, and Impossible Mission is SEI... good times!  🙂

Edited by Dr. Morbis

1 hour ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Edit: Also just realized you posted pics of the variants that are already confirmed.  We need the uncut corners, not the cut ones.  The only cut one that doesn't have a pic yet is Maxi 15.

This forum only allows you to upload a maximum quantity of bytes in one post so I'm limited to a single photo per post.

I noticed my mistake with non-AVE after I finished posting all of them and tried to delete the posts but couldn't find the option. I don't think you can delete posts if it isn't the most recent.

1 hour ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, that was kind of funny; plus the King of Kings pic has a mis-matched box and cart, and Impossible Mission is SEI... good times!  🙂

I'm going through and taking photos of all of my NES games, I have most of them done as evidenced by the uniformity in the style and background. King Of Kings I haven't re-done under the new style yet so I used an older photo. Is it the blue cartridge with that box?

5 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

This forum only allows you to upload a maximum quantity of bytes in one post so I'm limited to a single photo per post.

I noticed my mistake with non-AVE after I finished posting all of them and tried to delete the posts but couldn't find the option. I don't think you can delete posts if it isn't the most recent.

I'm going through and taking photos of all of my NES games, I have most of them done as evidenced by the uniformity in the style and background. King Of Kings I haven't re-done under the new style yet so I used an older photo. Is it the blue cartridge with that box?

There are two label variants.  Each one has a corresponding box variant.

14 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

There are two completely different art styles for King of Kings: the original Family image (on both the box and cart label) which they must've realized wouldn't sell well, and then the re-release action shot featuring the camel (on both the box and cart label).  What you did with your picture would be akin to putting a yellow metroid box with a silver cart label; I honestly don't know how you can't see it...

Edited by Dr. Morbis

4 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Was uploading to hosting and linking not an option? Heck, wouldn't a batch upload be quicker?

I honestly don't know how the hosting sites work, I've never used one. I've had my own server since forums first started so I've always hosted and linked my own images until storage got so cheap that forums were willing to host photos themselves. Now I just upload them instead. I have my laptop on my lap all night while watching television so I'm in no hurry to go anywhere. I'm usually working on something for a client anyway.

3 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

There are two completely different art styles for King of Kings: the original Family image (on both the box and cart label) which they must've realized wouldn't sell well, and then the re-release action shot featuring the camel (on both the box and cart label).  What you did with your picture would be akin to putting a yellow metroid box with a silver cart label; I honestly don't know how you can't see it...

You're not wrong but like I said, this has all been rectified since then. I used to have circle / oval seal mixed, 3 screw and hangtab but since then I've gone through and separated all the mismatched games. Most games have been re-photographed since then but this is an old photo from before the separation. That's why it's a different style (with box instead of solo).