IGNORED

Did some versions of Final Fantasy not come with a sleeve?

austin532

Maybe it's not just height be thickness, the combination of the two are enough to cause the issue because the sleeve is a static size leaving only so little room for bulk aside it before bulging the box.  So you have a RPG with a 50+ page manual/guide and a couple of 12 way folded over or so maps it just is too much.

• Like 1

Maybe the difference is those few pages and one vs two folded up posters.  That could do it.  I'm overly basic on this, not looking up sizes, but if the box is like 1 1/4" thick, and the game was about 1" within the sleeve, you just have a 1/4" to play with not bulging the box sides so whatever fits fits, and if a sleeve gets removed to add another 1/8" they'd cut it.

14 minutes ago, austin532 said:

Surely someone here has a complete copy to verify?

The only true way to verify is to open it sealed.  CIBs can be pieced together with all sorts of random shit.  I bought a CIB X-Men when I started collecting and it came with an AGCI sleeve.  There's no way that came with it originally, but things get shuffled around all the time.  There's proof that a sealed copy was opened and it didn't come with a sleeve, but it's not on the list because the guy vehemently refused to provide details about the items so I could list it.  The only way to know if other games, like Dragon Warrior III, came without a sleeve would be to open a sealed copy.  Short of that, it's all just speculation.

• Like 1