Rock 'n Ball

Roundball: 2 on 2 Challenge

Spot: The Video Game

Super Off Road

Super Jeopardy!

Super Spike V'Ball

Swords and Serpents

Top Players' Tennis

The homebrews Micro Mages and Justice Duel also support the Fourscore for four player. 

Smash TV can use the Fourscore for two players using two controllers each in co-op. 

Edited by Tulpa

27 minutes ago, CMR said:

I think Smash TV can be played with single controllers if you don't have a four score.

It can, but you lose the strafing ability. Two controllers per player allows independent moving and shooting direction, as you use both d-pads.

The SNES version can use one controller, as the four buttons can act as a second d-pad. I think there might have been a button overlay to enhance that. Can't remember.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tulpa said:

These are the three/four player games for NES (North America):

Bomberman II (3-players)

Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat

Gauntlet II

Greg Norman's Golf Power

Harlem Globetrotters

Kings of the Beach

Magic Johnson's Fast Break

Monopoly

Monster Truck Rally

M.U.L.E.

NES Play Action Football

A Nightmare on Elm Street

Nintendo World Cup

R.C. Pro-Am II

Rock 'n Ball

Roundball: 2 on 2 Challenge

Spot: The Video Game

Super Off Road

Super Jeopardy!

Super Spike V'Ball

Swords and Serpents

Top Players' Tennis

The homebrews Micro Mages and Justice Duel also support the Fourscore for four player. 

Smash TV can use the Fourscore for two players using two controllers each in co-op. 

For some reason in my OG post, my phone wouldn't let me quote you here; great list!

A Nightmare on Elm Street is an underrated one IMHO.

Super Spike V Ball was a classic from my box of games given to me by my neighbor in 1997.

• Like 1

MULE is an interesting multi-player game...it's technically competitive, but there's also a degree of cooperation needed.  In order to get the best ending, the combined total for all players needs to reach a certain level, so while you're competing to be the most profitable, you also don't want to completely fubar your opponents either.

One that likely won't get mentioned much is Thundercade.  Great little shooter.  Cabal is also pretty awesome. If i remember correctly, you could also go 2 player vs the computer in WWF Wrestlemania Challenge. 

Anyway, I don't think there's an official list, but it'd be a fun thing to compile.  Hmmmm....

There's probably a LOT of co-op games on the NES, maybe more than most realize. I know that I started looking at the list of NES games and thinking, "Oh, yeah, that one's co-op. I forgot about that." When there's 700+ retail games and an ever growing list of homebrews, it's easy to lose track of a few.