IGNORED

Featured Member November 2023: guitarzombie

Splain

1 hour ago, twiztor said:

@guitarzombie good read. thanks! how do you feel about Romero's zombie flicks AFTER the trilogy?

Thanks!  I liked Land.  I remember seeing it in theaters.  I re-watched it at some point last year and my feelings didn't really change.  I remember HATING Diary because the acting was awful, even if the message was important.  I remember like Survival because I didn't think of it as anything other than a western with zombies.  At some point I'll go and revisit the last two.  We all love George at the conventions, but we all feel after he left Pittsburgh, that magic was gone.  Basically George had 3 major phases with groups of people he used.  The Latent Image people which was from Night to around Martin.  Then the Laurel people, which was from Martin till Day of the Dead really.  Thats the main Pittsburgh crew everyone loves.  His wife Christine told me after "The Dark Half" in 1993 (Which I liked), George changed.  Then his later career, from Brusier on, is the "Toronto" group, and thats the era no one is really fond of.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2023 at 2:00 AM, guitarzombie said:

Haha thanks.  If other people actually care, I'll add to it here in a post.

D'oh I just realized I forgot to mention "Kid Dracula" for Gameboy as one of the games that really impressed me!  How could I forget, sheesh.

Good casual read! Just a suggestion, maybe take a pic of your guitar collection or the zombie DVD collection. Would be a neat touch, and might add to the forum collector’s atmosphere. I personally love seeing a unique collection or subsets in picture format, so I guess this is also a general suggestion for any future featured monthly member. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GPX said:

Good casual read! Just a suggestion, maybe take a pic of your guitar collection or the zombie DVD collection. Would be a neat touch, and might add to the forum collector’s atmosphere. I personally love seeing a unique collection or subsets in picture format, so I guess this is also a general suggestion for any future featured monthly member. 

Thanks!  I don't have many pics of my guitars just as is.  My zombie collection is surprisingly scant.  I don't have much.  I like getting some of the weirder things like Dawn of the Dead on UMD video, or the Dawn of the Dead board game.  Im gonna actually start buying some vinyls of the library used in Dawn.

If you're unfamiliar with that, library music is music already written, and licensed to be used by a company depending on mood.  You would subscribe to one of these companies and you could buy vinyls to 'audition' the tracks to how they fit your scenes. Once you know what you want they'll send you a tape of the master.  Those vinyls have been floating around but you couldn't buy them in a store.  So they're pretty rare and some are real expensive because of what movies they've been in. 

• Like 3

• The topic was unpinned