IGNORED

ThePhleo's 2023 Complete Rarity Guide Collection [NES, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color]

@ThePhleo, the region code can be viewed by looking at the cartridge label itself.  On the left-hand side in the gray bar, there are codes for each title.  For example, a US copy of Jimmy Connors Tennis, would be DMG-JC-USA.  DMG = Dot Matrix Gameboy (standard for all original GB games), JC = Jimmy Connors (title specific for this portion of the code), and then the region code: -USA.  For the ebay search link provided, only the graded game appears to be a USA copy.   The others have other regions on their codes.  Specifically, -NOE, -FAH, and -UKV from what I saw.  Or, Nintendo of Europe (Germany), France & Holland, and the United Kingdom, respectively.  

Since you've filtered by item location, unless the seller is diligent enough to list the proper region in their listing, the only way I can think of to weed out other regions is to manually check each game label.   For harder to find and more expensive original Gameboy games, you have to be on the lookout for fakes as well as other region codes when going for a regional set.  I'm going for the -USA set and finding a -USA Jimmy Connors Tennis was pretty hard.  It generally goes for 1.5x-2x what you have listed as your loose cart price and doesn't come up too often. 

From my experience, the pricier Mega Man GB titles, Xenon 2, and I'm sure others are also titles where other regions are sometimes mixed in despite selling from North American sellers

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond

• The title was changed to ThePhleo's 2023 Complete Rarity Guide Collection [NES, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color]

Added three new platforms to the Guide Collection.

Gamecube - https://tinyurl.com/2023gcguide

Virtual Boy - https://tinyurl.com/2023vbguide

Pokemon Mini - https://tinyurl.com/2023npmguide

Game & Watch, and Game Boy Advanced are next.

Also, please don't actually use the Pokemon Mini guide. It's such an obscure, rare platform with such a small "US" library that it makes no sense to actually make a guide for it. It's unusable, I just added it for the "lols"

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1

Some small news:

A buddy of mine managed to automate this, and every 90 days I can automatically update the rarity guides at the push of a button. Price guides, not so much but I’ll figure out a way to make it work using VGPC.

I need to work on GB / GBC since I’m missing a few titles, and GameCube I need to work on separating and finding all bundles and players choice variants.

Lastly, GBA is still on track for the month, I may push G&W out.

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1

in case it helps for the rarity guide...

this is pretty much the current state of the PAL-B market.

1. Phantom Air Mission
2. Ultimate Air Combat
3. Snowboard Challenge
4. Air Fortress
5. The Miracle Piano Teaching System (loose copy)
6. R.C. Pro AM II
7. Gold Medal Challenge '92
8. Goal! 2
9. Mighty Final Fight
10. P.O.W - Prisoners of War

games like Mr. Gimmick and Flintstones - The Surprise at Dinosaur Peak are NOT rare at all, just uncommon and expensive.
but still offered way more than any of the ones listed above.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Friendsfa35 said:

in case it helps for the rarity guide...

this is pretty much the current state of the PAL-B market.

1. Phantom Air Mission
2. Ultimate Air Combat
3. Snowboard Challenge
4. Air Fortress
5. The Miracle Piano Teaching System (loose copy)
6. R.C. Pro AM II
7. Gold Medal Challenge '92
8. Goal! 2
9. Mighty Final Fight
10. P.O.W - Prisoners of War

games like Mr. Gimmick and Flintstones - The Surprise at Dinosaur Peak are NOT rare at all, just uncommon and expensive.
but still offered way more than any of the ones listed above.

That’s pretty much what I noticed too.

Not so much the loose Miracle Piano, but it was never on my radar for some reason. Also, I think PAL folks in English speaking countries flip for cardboard HES stuff too.

the problem with the Miracle Piano, is that for Europe, we had a French version and German version, i'm quite curious to know how bad this was sold back then, because although the French version is the more rare one, both of them are usually only found as NEW, even with the original shipping box still included.

so unlike the USA version, if we want a copy of the cartridge, we'd pretty much have to resort to buying the entire still brand new Piano, which at this point has risen in price to at least 1500+ euros.

which is quite a difference from the 2 brand new German ones i bought like 8? years ago for 170 euro each.

so yeah, although not really sought after, a loose copy is almost never offered of the PAL-B one.

and because it's not really sought after,
it gets easily overlooked,
as most people only hype about the big titles.

Edited by Friendsfa35