IGNORED

What percent of the experience is the software?

phart010

On 11/3/2023 at 8:26 AM, Link said:

Presentation is... something.

You can listen to an album on headphones or high-end 15" cones or anything in between. Obviously, better sound quality will provide a more enjoyable experience. But are you going to say it's bad music just because you hear it on some old blown-out bookshelf speakers?

I think this could make a huge difference, yes, as it would alter the nuances of the piece.

On 11/2/2023 at 9:44 AM, fcgamer said:

Microsoft disagrees, per the article in the thread I linked to above.

That article made more sense than how I probably sound to you guys. 😅

I mean unless somebody can totally shut things out when they are doing something, some portions of the hardware should be considered. Especially when it comes to what type of controller the individual player needs to play a game. For one, it could be an NES Advantage controller while using the NES "top loader" variant. While another it can be a Twin Famicom and an official Hudson Soft controller.

With Microsoft "saying" (as opposed to what they think they are saying) to those who are using a cheap third-party controller to consider the fact that if they can at least buy a used Xbox Series X, they can also buy a used officially licensed controller.

Edited by YOURTURN
Making sure that my last statement was not seen as anything but a jab at their statement.

2 hours ago, YOURTURN said:

With Microsoft saying to those who are using a cheap third-party controller to consider the fact that if they can at least buy a used Xbox Series X, they can buy a used officially licensed controller.

Wow I hope you're being sarcastic here. You think third party controllers is just about cheap knockoffs? 

2 hours ago, Sumez said:

Wow I hope you're being sarcastic here. You think third party controllers is just about cheap knockoffs? 

Aubrey Plaza Ok GIF by truTV’s The Chris Gethard Show

Honestly? If I was going to be straight up sarcastic about anything I'd be "praising" this site's block function. Just because you making that type of response is one of those reasons why I opted to use said "useable" function. 🙄

But to answer your "Is he being serious or sarcastic?" question... I'll be polite enough to point out that I did mention both Sharp's Twin Famicom and Hudson Soft's controller in that response. And that I have considered the idea of simplified those examples by stating that both products were officially licensed third party products in Japan.

Would that help? Or should I have also quoted Microsoft's publicly stated comment sounding like they are targeting those who think that spending $50+ on a controller is highway robbery? Because that is what it sounds like:

"Microsoft and other licensed Xbox hardware partners' accessories are designed and manufactured with quality standards for performance, security, and safety. Unauthorized accessories can compromise the gaming experience on Xbox consoles (Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S.) Players may receive a pop-up warning that their accessory is unauthorized. Eventually, the unauthorized accessory will be blocked from use to preserve the console gaming experience."

Because all I am hearing from Microsoft is "Since we now own Call of Duty and Overwatch, we are going to follow the same guidelines that competition-based organizations like EVO use when it comes to banning illegally modified controllers." With unlicensed stuff often being a good workaround when it comes to the whole "mod = cheat =ban" rule.

But yes... What I said can be seen as sarcastic thanks to Microsoft's desire to cut corners when it came to their comment. But I prefer to see it as a jab at both them and those who are going to use their assumptions as an excuse to whine. 😉

Edited by YOURTURN
  • Confused 1