IGNORED

This is strange - odd switch controller situation.

Tabonga

Last night when I was ready to plug the switch in for recharging overnight the right joypad controller started acting up.  So I tried resyncing it several times until the console said it was resynced. So i plugged it in and went to bed and this morning the controller was DOA.  So I ordered some more from Amazon and they are due here tomorrow.

I dug out a wired controller that I bought to use with the dock but never got around to using.  I plugged it in the usb on my chromebook and it lit up.  At the same time I tried the switch again and lo and behold the  troubled controller was working fine.   If I move the wired controller very far from the switch the formerly afflicted controller becomes afflicted again.   

All very strange IMHO.

On 9/15/2023 at 5:47 PM, Tabonga said:

Last night when I was ready to plug the switch in for recharging overnight the right joypad controller started acting up.  So I tried resyncing it several times until the console said it was resynced. So i plugged it in and went to bed and this morning the controller was DOA.  So I ordered some more from Amazon and they are due here tomorrow.

I dug out a wired controller that I bought to use with the dock but never got around to using.  I plugged it in the usb on my chromebook and it lit up.  At the same time I tried the switch again and lo and behold the  troubled controller was working fine.   If I move the wired controller very far from the switch the formerly afflicted controller becomes afflicted again.   

All very strange IMHO.

Works and then doesn't work..... sounds like a bad connection/solder joint.  Once you get the replacements you should open up the 'bad' controller and see if you can find anything wrong looking.  Loose Bluetooth antennae maybe.   

1 hour ago, FireHazard51 said:

Works and then doesn't work..... sounds like a bad connection/solder joint.  Once you get the replacements you should open up the 'bad' controller and see if you can find anything wrong looking.  Loose Bluetooth antennae maybe.   

It started screwing up again and the left new one worked and the new right would not sync uo - the battery on the console was also draining too fast - I took it into the repair place yesterday and they should look at it tomorrow.  Worse comes to worse I will buy a new one and transfer the data.

Events Team · Posted

Nintendo will fix or replace your joy cons for free.  You don't even have to pay shipping.

https://repair.nintendo.com/cc/soConsumer.html?lang=en&sys=SWTCH&type=JOY-CON

That said, my last refurb set lasted all of 6 months and I've been too lazy to open another ticket.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, BlackVega said:

This is not "everything else" section for you now get out

To quote the article:

"...people put snacks of the brand Kuai Kuai (乖乖) next to or on top of machines. People who do this believe that, because the name of the snack—"Kuai Kuai"—stands for "obedient" or "well-behaved," it will make a device function without errors."

This is a common solution. 

11 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

To quote the article:

"...people put snacks of the brand Kuai Kuai (乖乖) next to or on top of machines. People who do this believe that, because the name of the snack—"Kuai Kuai"—stands for "obedient" or "well-behaved," it will make a device function without errors."

This is a common solution. 

I just hit the misbehaving device. Why would I reward it for disobedience?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2