IGNORED

NES capcom insert identification help

Netto84

I'm trying to figure out the correct inserts for the games listed below. 

Rescue rangers 2
Ducktails 1
Mighty final fight

For RR2 and MFF the biggest thing is the registration cards knowing if they are -2 or -3. I've never seen RR2 with inserts posted snd MFF I see different reg cards on copies for sell.

Ducktails 1 i see so many claiming to be legit with different inserts.  If anyone has pictures of legit copies or knows the inserts for these any help would be much appreciated.  

Moderator · Posted
15 minutes ago, Netto84 said:

I'm trying to figure out the correct inserts for the games listed below. 

Rescue rangers 2
Ducktails 1
Mighty final fight

For RR2 and MFF the biggest thing is the registration cards knowing if they are -2 or -3. I've never seen RR2 with inserts posted snd MFF I see different reg cards on copies for sell.

Ducktails 1 i see so many claiming to be legit with different inserts.  If anyone has pictures of legit copies or knows the inserts for these any help would be much appreciated.  

Registration cards for RR2 and Mighty Final fight would be -3 I think, as that’s what definitely came with Duck Tales 2, and RR2 was after and MFF was very close to DT2. 

1 hour ago, doner24 said:

Registration cards for RR2 and Mighty Final fight would be -3 I think, as that’s what definitely came with Duck Tales 2, and RR2 was after and MFF was very close to DT2. 

This was my thought. I never see them being sold with them though.  

6 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

For which print runs?

Any for RR2 and MFF.  For DT1 I figured most of the inserts would be the same with the exception of the nintendo power insert and possibly the poster.

11 minutes ago, Netto84 said:

Any for RR2 and MFF.  For DT1 I figured most of the inserts would be the same with the exception of the nintendo power insert and possibly the poster.

We don't have data for all print runs, Ducktales had a lot. I think we only have 2 for that title.

Edited by Code Monkey
Added comma

4 hours ago, Netto84 said:

If you have data on 2 for inserts that could help me identify some that are possible wrong st least.  I know the registration card would be a -1 on that one.

I was mistaken, it looks like we don't have data for any Ducktales print run. It can probably be guessed from other Capcom releases around the same time frame and the date code from your box / manual.

18 hours ago, doner24 said:

This is DT2, from a sealed copy that someone opened. 

AF7CA00B-657F-481C-A4EA-396D66507817.jpeg

Duck Tales

• Duck Tales 1 is highly dependant on the date code. It was printed for a long time, and the "insert pattern" changed as time went on. Without precise date codes, you can not even pretend to assign inserts to a box.

Mighty Final Fight

• Poster: CAP-NES-US-5
  • Mail Card: CAP-NES-US-3 (Free Prizes version, not Coupon version)
  • Document: NES-USA/CAN-2
  • Nintendo Power: GP-NES-USA (I pulled the ultimate 1-up)
  • Dust Sleeve: Flat black
  • NOTE: GP-NES-USA-1 might also be found if they reprinted this game at the same time as Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers 2. Rare as it may be, it's a possibility that a second print run exists.

Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers 2

• Poster: CAP-NES-US-5
  • Mail Card: CAP-NES-US-3 (Free Prizes version, not Coupon version)
  • Document: NES-USA/CAN-2
  • Nintendo Power: GP-NES-USA-1 (Whoa!)
  • Dust Sleeve: Flat Black

Sidenote: NES-USA/CAN-1 an NES-USA/CAN-2 seem to appear whenever they feel like in late releases. Possible that Nintendo just forgot to throw out the outdated -1's at some point in history and they made their way into later 1993 / early 1994 boxes...so don't be surprised if you ever see a -1 in a late late box.

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Ty guys fot the help.  The main thing with DT1 I was trying to figure out was if it had a coupon code with it.

The above info for RR2 and MFF just confirmed what I thought.  It seems like it's only 5 games with those -3 reg cards.  That will be the challenge to finding and completing these.  If I could get those regis I could buy other copies to finish them off.

51 minutes ago, Netto84 said:

Ty guys fot the help.  The main thing with DT1 I was trying to figure out was if it had a coupon code with it.

The above info for RR2 and MFF just confirmed what I thought.  It seems like it's only 5 games with those -3 reg cards.  That will be the challenge to finding and completing these.  If I could get those regis I could buy other copies to finish them off.

The coupon that comes with it depends on which date code is printed on the box flap. It can be any of the coupons from 1 - 3.

Also, it comes with no coupon if the banner on the front is removed (the little coupon offer banner! obviously)

4 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

The coupon that comes with it depends on which date code is printed on the box flap. It can be any of the coupons from 1 - 3.

Also, it comes with no coupon if the banner on the front is removed (the little coupon offer banner! obviously)

Ty.  I'm aiming for 100% cib set of the capcom games.  The hardest two to figure out is DT1 and mousecapade.  I'm down to 12 games at least.  Condition and inserts have been killing me.

• 2 months later...
Guests · Posted

RR2 actually didn’t have a poster and had a textured black sleeve. To my knowledge, it is the only Capcom NES game to not have a poster. Other than that, the inserts for it are correct.