IGNORED

Anyone on here fix or know of anyone reputable who fixes consoles?

DTrain13

I have a gold N64 that worked for years and now, out of the blue, there's no video or sound at all when I power it on. 

I completely cleaned the pin connector as well as where it inserts into the main board.  I cleaned the expansion port connector and the pins on the expansion pack.  I reflowed the solder on the AV pins as well, and nothing.  I'm completely stumped.  I've tried muiltiple AV cords that work on my SNES, so that's not a factor.  

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Social Team · Posted
2 hours ago, DTrain13 said:

I have a gold N64 that worked for years and now, out of the blue, there's no video or sound at all when I power it on. 

I completely cleaned the pin connector as well as where it inserts into the main board.  I cleaned the expansion port connector and the pins on the expansion pack.  I reflowed the solder on the AV pins as well, and nothing.  I'm completely stumped.  I've tried muiltiple AV cords that work on my SNES, so that's not a factor.  

Oh No Ugh GIF by Boomerang Official

This sounds like a pain to troubleshoot/fix.  I know of some YouTubers who post videos of fixing consoles but I'm not aware of anyone who's had consoles been shipped for repair.  Lot of DIYers here so that might be why.

The one YT I'm thinking of (VideoGameRestoration) is based in Canada 😬.  Gloves know how bad shipping from States to Canada can be.  I don't recommend shipping international for fixing a console.

Best advice I could offer is get a working N64 that is the same motherboard and start comparing resistance and continuity of parts with the working one.  If you got some knowledge and luck you can troubleshoot without a working one.  But having a working one will make things easier for sure.

After looking up some YT videos I think checking the legs of the chips is your next best bet.  I watch two videos where that was the issue.  

On 8/14/2023 at 2:31 PM, DTrain13 said:

Does the power light come on?

• 3 months later...