IGNORED

2023 MLB Thread

Bearcat-Doug

9 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Id actually prefer to see cinci at the top over brewers or cubs. Been a fun team to bet and watch lately. 73 games in, showing that the cards suck no longer hurts. I gave up 20 games ago. 

I've been used to that for a decade outside of the Reds making the playoffs in that shortened 2020 season only to get swept in the wild card round. I almost feel bad for the Pirates fans. They went from first place to fourth in a week, but an 8 game losing streak will do that, just like the Reds 10 game winning streak got them from fourth to first.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Reds are guaranteed to be in first place going into the All Star break with the possibility of a 3 game lead with a win today. Hopefully they manage to add at least one solid starting pitcher by the trade deadline since winning games 8-7 on a regular basis doesn't seem sustainable.

On 6/9/2023 at 7:55 AM, Kguillemette said:

Popping in to say I was enjoying watching Boston quietly put together a decent year where they could still make a run at the wildcard. Now I am quietly pretending this year never happened and when do we give up on the Bloom experiment.

Suddenly we are 2 games out the wild card after beating up on the Rangers and (unsurprising) Oakland. I still don't think this is the year, but Bello has been such a nice surprise. This is not a team I can see grinding out elite pitching though in a playoff series. Just have to hope for lightning in a bottle and getting hot circa 2013.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 9:54 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

image.png.a7702d694cfc73818c6c68da9bbbfa38.pngimage.png.9c77b65cd963ab9883a78b860a2a1f76.png

Meanwhile, in 2023...

image.png.8b2b956ebec54191f2ef035d4fef538e.png

The Reds are 14-1 against the AL West this season with their only loss coming against the A's. If they beat the Mariners tonight, the A's will be the only team in the division not to get swept by the Reds which is about as baffling as the Reds being the only MLB team with a winning record, but a losing record at home.