IGNORED

Completed another collection after many years of procrastination

Finally finished off my Atari Jaguar collection earlier this year. Ive had the vast majority of games since 2013 or so and was only missing Towers II and Iron Solider II. I was never in a rush to get them because they were always available brand new (and still are) from Telegames. 

So I decided to pull the trigger at the end of last year/beginning of this one and polishes it off. 

Im probably one of the few who still actively collects for fullsets of games and its been a long time since Ive completed a set so it’s a nice to pull off

https://imgur.com/a/sHS29dh

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, Link said:

Amazing! Do you have any particular favorites on in this library?

I used to see ads for it comic books, but mostly promoting the console, not a specific game. And that's all I know about it. 

I really like Atari Karts, despite its flaws. Theme Park is enjoyable too

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Eh, Ive never collect disc based games. too much uncertainty with them

Nice move.  it's a system I've relegated my time to demo kiosks, but it seemed fine despite how the market felt otherwise.  I feel the same with discs.  I've been effectively offloading one optical system after the next.

I've strongly considered pushing the Gamecube out too, but I just can't make myself rip that band-aid off as of yet.  I hadn't even considered it until I had to replace my launch one last year when the drive and things failed within from old age.  It sure wasn't overuse, it never got the mass hours the previous generations got in use which was discouraging.

You're smart to keep away, at least with real hardware, ISO+? is fine though I imagine.  There's just too many issues both with the hardware and then the odd way these discs are seeing an uptick in failures on various systems too that should make at least some people a bit nervous.

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Nice move.  it's a system I've relegated my time to demo kiosks, but it seemed fine despite how the market felt otherwise.  I feel the same with discs.  I've been effectively offloading one optical system after the next.

I've strongly considered pushing the Gamecube out too, but I just can't make myself rip that band-aid off as of yet.  I hadn't even considered it until I had to replace my launch one last year when the drive and things failed within from old age.  It sure wasn't overuse, it never got the mass hours the previous generations got in use which was discouraging.

You're smart to keep away, at least with real hardware, ISO+? is fine though I imagine.  There's just too many issues both with the hardware and then the odd way these discs are seeing an uptick in failures on various systems too that should make at least some people a bit nervous.

Im not even concerned about the hardware failure or disc rot. My big issue has always been a disc can look mostly fine but that one little micro-scratch can make the game freeze and crash during the last sequence of the game. Never letting you finish it, and unless you played the game to that point you would never know.

Or you have some disc that were used as hockey pucks that, by some miracle, work perfectly fine. But I would never buy them because of how they look.

Too much of a guessing game. At least with carts, if it fires up you know it’s good all the way through. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JeremiahJT said:

What? No Battlesphere or Battlesphere Gold? Not complete!

Just kidding, I do not have either of those either, but I still consider my set complete. I do have quite a bit of homebrews for the system though.

Nah, Im only concerned with retail, which is kinda fluid with Jaguar anyway, but Battlesphere definitely falls outside that

2 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Im not even concerned about the hardware failure or disc rot. My big issue has always been a disc can look mostly fine but that one little micro-scratch can make the game freeze and crash during the last sequence of the game. Never letting you finish it, and unless you played the game to that point you would never know.

Or you have some disc that were used as hockey pucks that, by some miracle, work perfectly fine. But I would never buy them because of how they look.

Too much of a guessing game. At least with carts, if it fires up you know it’s good all the way through. 

That actually is my primary concern, the wrong kind of harmless looking spot and the disc is dead early or hours later wasting all your time, the risk sucks.  The hardware wasn't mine until my personal cube just up and ate it, it never was left on forever, wasn't run for 1000s of hours either, it was far from what would be considered used n abused, worn out.  The risk issue just grows as time passes and it's like...do I still want to worry about it is where things are creeping towards.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I sold my N64 and Game Cube many years ago, and have never bought them again. I've had the most trouble with scratches on Game Cube, and is why I stopped playing it very quickly. I bought two broken copies of three different games, and never got to play them because I wouldn't try again.

Don't feel bad about going for it. I know it's hard to sell a collection though, as it feels bad before it feels good.

9 hours ago, Jynx said:

I sold my N64 and Game Cube many years ago, and have never bought them again. I've had the most trouble with scratches on Game Cube, and is why I stopped playing it very quickly. I bought two broken copies of three different games, and never got to play them because I wouldn't try again.

Don't feel bad about going for it. I know it's hard to sell a collection though, as it feels bad before it feels good.

Oh I get it.  The first time around in 04-05 was forced, that was like slowly ripping a bandaid out dragged over a year.  Ever since I've been far less inclined to cling to things and feel bad about it if I'm over it.  In the last 5 years I bailed out on PS1-4+PSP/Vita (PS1 last to go.)  Ditched NGPC, various tabletops and handhelds, Wii and the PiiU, a Dreamcast and SMS.  Much has gone out, have no regrets, money was put to better use.

Part of my GC hang up, I have some of the most toxic US whoppers people lose their minds over and they're in like 8.5/10 quality shape and up.  Cubivore, Chibi Robo, Skies of Arcadia, Eternal Darkness, MGS, etc of the near and over $100 level stuff. In my mind, if it does go I need to be solid on it as I could never stomach those values.