IGNORED

Getting a job in 2023.

Richardhead

9 minutes ago, Quaze said:

You stonewall your interview questions like this, and are surprised you're having a hard time finding work? Brother I say this from a place of *constructive criticism* (yes, there is definitely such a thing): You are trying to give your interviewer answers that will satisfy them, not shut them down dismissively. The constructive part here is that I'm trying to give you a pointer that will help you for the future while pointing out what likely didn't work. That is what constructive criticism is.

I'm responsible for hiring at my company, and if someone answered my interview questions like this, I'd just thank them and end the interview there. I'm looking for engagement and interest. If you don't have that, you're wasting both of our time.

Well, I got the job. I didn’t think I would. I definitely didn’t deserve it. They gave me a chance and it’s worked out well for all of us. I will take this advice and try to use it in future endeavors. 
I didn’t know how to answer that question.I worked at a place for a very long time and nobody ever questioned me or had any criticism. I ran a place that needed me and my “expertise”. 
This new job is a learning experience.

i will be better.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Quaze said:

You stonewall your interview questions like this, and are surprised you're having a hard time finding work? Brother I say this from a place of *constructive criticism* (yes, there is definitely such a thing): You are trying to give your interviewer answers that will satisfy them, not shut them down dismissively. The constructive part here is that I'm trying to give you a pointer that will help you for the future while pointing out what likely didn't work. That is what constructive criticism is.

I'm responsible for hiring at my company, and if someone answered my interview questions like this, I'd just thank them and end the interview there. I'm looking for engagement and interest. If you don't have that, you're wasting both of our time.

Also… I have never worked with anyone that said I was not the hardest working person they have ever met. I put my all into a job. I make sure that I work harder than anyone and I make sure I attend to everyone’s needs.

• Agree 1