IGNORED

Playing Pokemon Sword and Shield!

Skorp

I've dropped about ~200 hours into it so far. At the moment, I'm trying to breed competitive Pokemon for battling/battle tower/Raids, which is time consuming. Next will be a living dex, which I'm close-ish to right now. I'll also probably end up doing a fun run through Shield. I don't know what it'll be this time, but the last one I did one was a baby Pokemon only run. I'm thinking about doing a type run since they have those jerseys...

I've pretty much completed my living Pokedex including all the male/female variants that actually look different. Only thing I'm missing are mew,  type null, and the shield legendary. Currently working on all the Alcremie variants but that's going to be a never ending process. I still need to grab about half the gigantamax Pokemon, too. If anyone needs any breedable Pokemon to complete their Pokedex just let me know.

2 minutes ago, 8-bit_boice said:

I've pretty much completed my living Pokedex including all the male/female variants that actually look different. Only thing I'm missing are mew,  type null, and the shield legendary

Please forgive my noob questions, but how do you get Mew? Also, how can you get the other game legendary, for a living dex? You can't breed them right? Would that mean someone would just have to trade you their only one?

3 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Please forgive my noob questions, but how do you get Mew? Also, how can you get the other game legendary, for a living dex? You can't breed them right? Would that mean someone would just have to trade you their only one?

You get Mew by buying a new Poke Ball Plus. When Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee were first released, Mew was included in the Poke Ball Plus that was sold with the game or separately. When you connected it to Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu, you received Mew. Well, fast forward to Sword & Shield, and unsold Poke Ball Pluses with Mew inside were still available. Connecting the Poke Ball Plus to Sword/Shield first instead of Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee got you Mew in Sword/Shield instead. There's only one Mew per Poke Ball Plus, and purchasing a used one won't get you a Mew.

As far as getting the other legendary, yes, someone else would have to trade it to you. This is one of the reasons why I usually play through both versions in a generation. In previous generations, it was easier to trade non-legendary for legendary/mythical Pokemon through the GTS, so you could easily get a living dex without playing through both games. However, in the GTS, there was a risk that you get a hacked legendary or mythical, although not one with illegal stats (stats above 31 IVs or below 0 IVs for any given Pokemon), as those couldn't be traded on the GTS. You can still receive both hacked and illegal Pokemon in Wonder Trade/Surprise Trade, and there are hacked/illegal Pokemon already in Sword/Shield.

On 1/6/2020 at 11:13 AM, 8-bit_boice said:

I've pretty much completed my living Pokedex including all the male/female variants that actually look different. Only thing I'm missing are mew,  type null, and the shield legendary. Currently working on all the Alcremie variants but that's going to be a never ending process. I still need to grab about half the gigantamax Pokemon, too. If anyone needs any breedable Pokemon to complete their Pokedex just let me know.

Nice job dude wow! I'd love to see how that looks lol must be all organized and perfect from what you told me. Yeah forgot I still do need a few more Gigan Pokemon. I will catch that Gengar one of these days. 7th try and still no luck even with a dusk ball.

Both my girlfriend and I will complete the Pokedex today! She needs to evolve Type: Null and I need to evolve Riolu. 

After that she's gonna focus on shiny hunting, while I'm gonna work on beefing up my final evolved forms, as well as finding all the TMs, Uniforms, etc. And we are both gonna try to get more Gigantamax forms. 

I am really enjoying this game!

• Like 2

I ended up getting Shield for Christmas. Some may remember I made a thread with my complaints of the game months ago. Playing the game still hasn't changed my view on lacking all the pokemon, though the news of 200more coming through DLC gives me hope they will rectify it eventually even if through DLC. 

Anyway the real thing I came to ask is has anyone recieved in Pokemon slated for the DLC yet? I got a yellow headed Slowpoke via a mystery trade

17 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I ended up getting Shield for Christmas. Some may remember I made a thread with my complaints of the game months ago. Playing the game still hasn't changed my view on lacking all the pokemon, though the news of 200more coming through DLC gives me hope they will rectify it eventually even if through DLC. 

Anyway the real thing I came to ask is has anyone recieved in Pokemon slated for the DLC yet? I got a yellow headed Slowpoke via a mystery trade

You can get that Slowpoke in the game now. It's in a train station and you battle/catch it after a short little cutscene, I think it's in one of the earlier towns.

So I ended up misplacing my Pokemon Sword somehow, so in case anyone is wondering why I'm not playing it anymore. xD It's somewhere in the house, but don't know where I put it. Glad I beat it fully, but maybe I can start a file on Pokemon Shield now and do it all over again, because why not?

• 4 months later...