IGNORED

Help with 3DS DLC - Dragon Quest VII, Layton games

I've been reading up on DLC available for the 4 Layton 3DS games and the Dragon Quest VII.  Unfortunately, the DLC is only available in post-game for these titles, which is 10s of hours each.  With the eShop closing on 3/27 it's virtually impossible for me to get and beat theses games in time.  I don't own any of the Layton games but plan to eventually acquire and play them. For Dragon Quest VII, I own a copy with very little play time on it. 

I was hoping there's a member of the community that is local to SE Michigan with finished save files for these games or someone out there with finished saved files that can ship them to me so I can get the DLC for my eventual playthrough.  I can return them immediately and maybe send PayPal G&S for the value of the game as collateral, which wild be returned upon once I ship it back?  I have good feedback here and ebay.  I would add some.extra $ tk make it worth your time and cover shipping.  

This is kind of a hail mary to get the DLC but idk what else to do.  

I do want to note the Professor Layton games and I think DQVII (uncertain)'s DLC isn't eShop DLC, but DLC distributed by likely not Eshop servers, so it's not impossible they'll be still obtainable after the eShop closes. Though that also assumes devs aren't gonna randomly take down distribution servers at the time the eShop closes.

• Like 1

Since it was mentioned that these aren't eShop downloads, are these initiated by doing something within the game or is it done over SpotPass (blue notifications)?  If it's the former, chances are you'll be able to do this for as long as 3DS supports online play, which will continue beyond the eShop closure.  If it's the latter, it's anyone's guess since that's handled game by game.

21 hours ago, phart010 said:

This reminds me I need to get DLC for a few games.

New Super Mario Bros 2
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 
Fantasy Life
Hyrule Warriors
Captain Toad

Fantasy Life's DLC is great, highly recommend. Captain Toad's DLC was unfortunately Switch only, which has irritated me ever since they announced it.

2 hours ago, AlternatorDelux said:

Since it was mentioned that these aren't eShop downloads, are these initiated by doing something within the game or is it done over SpotPass (blue notifications)?  If it's the former, chances are you'll be able to do this for as long as 3DS supports online play, which will continue beyond the eShop closure.  If it's the latter, it's anyone's guess since that's handled game by game.

I know for Miracle Mask and Azran Legacy, those just have the daily puzzles you can download within the game and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney has bonus stuff that's downloadable in game after you beat the story. I do agree these will likely stay up until 3DS online play goes down.

I did find out Layton's Mystery Journey does have actual eShop DLC, but you can buy it right away if desired.