IGNORED

Nintendo Power Posters... Ppl want these? Banjo, Diddy Kong Racing, MK64...

So I went through a box of Nintendo Power in a store and pulled a bunch out. At the back of the stack was a bunch of "random" paperwork that I collected and threw in with the NP's I had just  selected. No idea what I really had...

Turns out they were a bunch of posters from various NP magazines. Are people looking for these?

I guess lots of them were ripped up and thrown away after being looked at or taped to kids' walls. These ones mostly have pin holes so they were clearly on the wall at some point, but I guess the person kept them with the magazines afterwards. 

The Banjo Kazooie and Diddy Kong Racing one's are pretty cool and the DK and Mario Kart 64 Calendars ('96) are pretty sweet too. 

I don't even like Secret of Mana and I thought that poster was cool. 🤷‍♂️ For reference sake, they're 10.25" X 22" so the Secret of Mana one really pops. 

I don't really have any sentimental value for these, so I'll probably throw them into a WTT thread soon.... maybe someone here will enjoy them and get a good value from me. Took a quick look on eBay and yup... there's a couple there. Maybe someone here wants them and can benefit from them being kept together with the magazines. 

Otherwise I might keep my eye out for some long narrow frames and put a couple in there.... 🤔

Also the Pokemon Calendar is wild too. I'm sure a Pokemon fan would be stoked about that, haha. THAT one I could probably find a decent frame for....🧐

image.jpeg.f7fae4a1fd3354485b2b3f5972b7440a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d76719561ac073399af539eba27e4d1d.jpeg

image.jpeg.388d223cc226536bee2639927e91b519.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cd213da16e036745afc680568d979252.jpeg

image.jpeg.39a3cf688e8a1ffc3ef4769f42ab4d7c.jpeg

• Like 2

@AirVillain

I want them, prefer them to stay in my NP magazines, but if I ever bump into a loose one I definitely snap them up and try to return them to the magazine that had one rudely removed. 😄

Typically I try and find them bundled with something or loose locally, ebay I won't look at, like a lot of things it gets stupid and predatory now if anything dare says Nintendo on it.  I mean you can even find dummies paying up for old mint tins that look like some 8bit nostalgia or a controller from them.

If you're going to let them go by some means I wouldn't mind trying to work it out.

Edit: I think I have that pokemon calendar, have to double check my issues as they get a bit more sketchy after around 1995-96 where there are gaps but it looks really familiar.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, AirVillain said:

So I went through a box of Nintendo Power in a store and pulled a bunch out. At the back of the stack was a bunch of "random" paperwork that I collected and threw in with the NP's I had just  selected. No idea what I really had...

Turns out they were a bunch of posters from various NP magazines. Are people looking for these?

I guess lots of them were ripped up and thrown away after being looked at or taped to kids' walls. These ones mostly have pin holes so they were clearly on the wall at some point, but I guess the person kept them with the magazines afterwards. 

The Banjo Kazooie and Diddy Kong Racing one's are pretty cool and the DK and Mario Kart 64 Calendars ('96) are pretty sweet too. 

I don't even like Secret of Mana and I thought that poster was cool. 🤷‍♂️ For reference sake, they're 10.25" X 22" so the Secret of Mana one really pops. 

I don't really have any sentimental value for these, so I'll probably throw them into a WTT thread soon.... maybe someone here will enjoy them and get a good value from me. Took a quick look on eBay and yup... there's a couple there. Maybe someone here wants them and can benefit from them being kept together with the magazines. 

Otherwise I might keep my eye out for some long narrow frames and put a couple in there.... 🤔

Also the Pokemon Calendar is wild too. I'm sure a Pokemon fan would be stoked about that, haha. THAT one I could probably find a decent frame for....🧐

image.jpeg.f7fae4a1fd3354485b2b3f5972b7440a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d76719561ac073399af539eba27e4d1d.jpeg

image.jpeg.388d223cc226536bee2639927e91b519.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cd213da16e036745afc680568d979252.jpeg

image.jpeg.39a3cf688e8a1ffc3ef4769f42ab4d7c.jpeg

I really like the way you showed the N64 posters almost like a square jigsaw puzzle! Would make a great wall display as is, setting the mood for some gaming action or to have an N64 display nearby.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 1/30/2023 at 7:31 PM, Tanooki said:

@AirVillain

I want them, prefer them to stay in my NP magazines, but if I ever bump into a loose one I definitely snap them up and try to return them to the magazine that had one rudely removed. 😄

Typically I try and find them bundled with something or loose locally, ebay I won't look at, like a lot of things it gets stupid and predatory now if anything dare says Nintendo on it.  I mean you can even find dummies paying up for old mint tins that look like some 8bit nostalgia or a controller from them.

If you're going to let them go by some means I wouldn't mind trying to work it out.

Edit: I think I have that pokemon calendar, have to double check my issues as they get a bit more sketchy after around 1995-96 where there are gaps but it looks really familiar.

Yeah, I get what you mean, of course it'd be best if they were IN the magazine. That's kind of why I wondered. If they were LESS desirable since they're out. Haha, a strange spot for a poster. 

Take a look at what you've got and if that calendar is the one you're looking for. 

Yeah... I don't have any sentimental value towards them so if they're something you'd like I'm sure we can work something out. PM me.... let me know if you've got anything to trade. Maybe that could work out for both of us. 

16 hours ago, Link said:

They're definitely desirable. Nintendo Power collectors and N64 fans. 

Thanks for the info. I suppose of course. Guess I've just never really seen them around. 

5 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

They are very desirable. Im actually surprised someone hasn’t made a real effort of reproductions of them

Hmmm.... yeah, dang those reproductions. Taking over the world! *shakes fist at the clouds

8 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Yeah, I get what you mean, of course it'd be best if they were IN the magazine. That's kind of why I wondered. If they were LESS desirable since they're out. Haha, a strange spot for a poster. 

Take a look at what you've got and if that calendar is the one you're looking for. 

Yeah... I don't have any sentimental value towards them so if they're something you'd like I'm sure we can work something out. PM me.... let me know if you've got anything to trade. Maybe that could work out for both of us. 

Thanks for the info. I suppose of course. Guess I've just never really seen them around. 

Hmmm.... yeah, dang those reproductions. Taking over the world! *shakes fist at the clouds

I’d actually be in favor of the poster reproductions. They would be a benefit in terms of no staple holes, no tears from trying to remove them from the magazine. Should be easy to tell from real if they only make them one sided since the back is usually part of text in the magazine and useless outside if the whole context of the magazine. So the back would just be white. Seems like a decent idea

Edit: Looks like there are some out there of popular game posters

https://www.etsy.com/listing/456264652/nintendo-power-donkey-kong-country?click_key=594f1510fb03ca5ad29b2a5a92c75062c7f13f1b%3A456264652&click_sum=83b80faf&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=nintendo+power+posters&ref=sr_gallery-1-11&pro=1&frs=1

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

9 hours ago, AirVillain said:

I'll get on that, let me look into which issue that was, and I'll write you a PM in the meantime.  I do keep an inventory of what I got and try and flag the magazines I have if they had the poster removed before I got it or not.

• Like 1