IGNORED

Multiplatform Weekly Contest Round 4: Snowboard Kids (Nintendo 64)

Red

Hello and welcome to the fourth round of the Multiplatform Weekly Contest!  Continuing with the cold weather theme from last week, this week's game is Snowboard Kids for Nintendo 64.

Rules:

- Start a new 1 player game
- Choose any character you want
- Choose Skill Game
- Choose Speed Game
- Play Rookie Mt., Big Snowman, and Sunset Rock
- Choose any of the default boards you want (you may not buy new ones)
- Fastest combined time wins
- You may change your character and/or board between stages

- You have until 11:00 PM EST on Sunday, January 1, 2023 to submit your score.

For general contest rules, click here:

SCOREBOARD:

1. 04'09"30 (NESfiend)
2. 05'09"49 (Splain)

Edited by Red

• The topic was pinned
Events Helper · Posted
7 hours ago, Red said:

Hello and welcome to the fourth round of the Multiplatform Weekly Contest!  Continuing with the cold weather theme from last week, this week's game is Snowboard Kids for Nintendo 64.

Rules:

- Start a new 1 player game
- Choose any character you want
- Choose Skill Game
- Choose Speed Game
- Play Rookie Mt., Big Snowman, and Sunset Rock
- Choose any of the default boards you want (you may not buy new ones)
- Fastest combined time wins
- You may change your character and/or board between stages

- You have until 11:00 PM EST on Sunday, January, 2023 to submit your score.

For general contest rules, click here:

SCOREBOARD:

Jan 1?  I was gonna edit the post, but figured i would just say here so you can confirm 😉  

Heres some times. @PII you got a copy of this? Tremendous racer. Get your battle gear on and get in here if you have the cart or a way to play. Takes about 5 minutes. 

Rookie Mountain - 00"30"43 

Big Snowman - 01"50"96

Sunset Rock - 01"48"00

Total time: 04:09:39

20221228_223837.jpg

20221228_225647.jpg

20221228_235935.jpg

Edited by NESfiend

21 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Heres some times. @PII you got a copy of this? Tremendous racer. Get your battle gear on and get in here if you have the cart or a way to play. Takes about 5 minutes. 

Aaarggh, I was just looking at this.  Wish like hell I had the cart.  Don't have an N64 style controller to plug into the laptop either if I were to download an N64 emulator...

29 minutes ago, PII said:

Aaarggh, I was just looking at this.  Wish like hell I had the cart.  Don't have an N64 style controller to plug into the laptop either if I were to download an N64 emulator...

Have you played it? Its damn good. 1080 meets mario kart. This challenge takes weapons/other racers out. Fun, different, more racer styled version than youd usually play. Obviously its too late in the week, but def one to put on the pick up list

23 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Have you played it? Its damn good. 1080 meets mario kart. This challenge takes weapons/other racers out. Fun, different, more racer styled version than youd usually play. Obviously its too late in the week, but def one to put on the pick up list

Haven't played it.  Looks pretty good though.  Unfortunately I've been rather casual in accumulating N64 carts since the hey-day.  As much as I love the console, its always kinda been in the backseat relative to my glorious cast of 8-bit machines.  Which is too bad, really because I've always gotten deeply into whatever I've taken the time to play on the N64.  Oh wells for now.  It's def. on the list though.  

Editorials Team · Posted

It would have been fun to sink into this one and go for good times, but this week was busy and I've been traveling all around the state. Just a participation score from me, but everything should be back to normalish this week.

0'37"26
2'10"83
2'21"40

5'09"49

ZSCcAHQ.jpg

1Jodfn9.jpg

VE4NEKF.jpg

• The topic was unpinned