IGNORED

Game Debate #131: Aladdin

Reed Rothchild

Rate 'em  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Aladdin (SNES)

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.
  2. 2. Aladdin (Genesis)

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.

8 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Unless you hate Aladdin... or Capcom.... or good platformers with good music, good graphics, & good level variety, etc..... 🤷‍♂️

I've never been too big into Disney, even when I was a kid. I owned Ducktales and rented Rescue Rangers, but those are the only Disney games that I've played. I basically stuck with the Mega Man series.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I've never been too big into Disney, even when I was a kid. I owned Ducktales and rented Rescue Rangers, but those are the only Disney games that I've played. I basically stuck with the Mega Man series.

Understandable. 

As I've said elsewhere... DT, DT2, RR, RR2, Little Mermaid, Darkwing Duck are basically Mega Man 7-12 on NES. Little Nemo can be thrown in there too.... 

But yeah, when you've got 6 Mega Man games, you're doing pretty solid, haha. 

SNES is a different story though. Didn't know Mega Man 7 existed as a kid, and Mega Man X wasn't quite the same. So I don't know.... Aladdin was a good fit. I think because it's not as annoyingly difficult and I liked the movie and songs translated well. 

Note the buttons, though. Before you play check out the button configuration. The default one sucks for throwing apples... 

If you're playing the game and you're like "this is awkward as fuck", which is what I say if I forget... you can change it 😎👍

Edited by AirVillain

That fits for Aladdin, the idea there if you enjoyed Duck Tales and Rescue Rangers enough to play/finish them but not like Disney, that this SNES game fits into that small bucket (along with Magical Quest I brought up.)  Unless you utterly despise Disney animation, projects, the company to the point you can't ignore that aspect and just play the game for what it is, then yeah ignore it.

• Like 1