IGNORED

What is the Lamest New Super Mario Bros. Power Up? (Poll)

PekoponTAS

What is the Lamest New Super Mario Bros. Power Up?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Fun games with dumb power ups! Which one rubs you the wrong way the most?

• Mega Mushroom (Mega Mario)
    • Mini Mushroom (Mini Mario)
    • Blue Shell (Shell Mario)
    • Propeller Cap (Propeller Mario)
    • Penguin Suit (Penguin Mario)
    • Super Acorn (Flying Squirrel Mario)

I was playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii for the first time a while back, and enjoyed it quite a lot. I was reminded while playing it though how lame the New Super Mario Bros. power ups are, and thought it'd be fun to make a poll about it.

We aren't looking for the worst one here though, I'm asking what your personal least favourite is, no matter how silly or biased the reason may be. I've also excluded super guide style power ups that only occur when you die enough times, as I thought it'd be too one sided if those were contenders. I've also excluded the golden flower from New Super Mario Bros. 2, since it's just a regular fire flower that shoots money.

It's the above six that are the most interesting to compare against, so let's hear what your least favourite is. (Ya know, assuming you've even played all four of these games)

Even though the Mini-mushroom is a nuisance and actually makes you more vulnerable than before you got it, I still give the prize to the Super Acorn, as Flying Squirrel Mario is not only the least cool sounding thing he's ever turned into, but it's the least useful of all flight based power ups. Mario tends to look charming no matter what he dresses in, but the flying squirrel suit is ugly on top of everything. It was probably the first thing that made a lot of people feel uneasy about their Wii U purchase.

Going with the same, propeller cap.  It's annoying to use all around, just a bad idea trying to fake being different and largely failing at it.

The others some are pretty unique like the mega/mini which I think should have been used better but still, good.  The others aren't really original either, they're a re-use combination hybrid of old SMB3 abilities with a twist really.

Flight powerups in Mario to me are always the lame ones because if you aren't good at platforming you can always just go back to an earlier level and pick up one of these to play on easy mode. Propeller mushroom is a particularly easy one to use. I think that having overpowered powerups is not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm not going to pretend they aren't overpowered. I don't think you even need to run or be on the ground to use this one

Mini mushroom, for sure. It's just a key for a lock you never have on you when you need, and which actively works against you while using it. It's the worst power-up in a Mario game since the anchor from Mario 3.

Also, all you guys hating on the prop-cap be tripping, that is a fun power-up for sure when they design the level around it, a few of the Mario Maker levels that use it are super fun.

Edited by OptOut