IGNORED

RIP, Kevin Conroy, AKA Batman

Tulpa

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/kevin-conroy-dead-batman-voice-actor-cancer-1235430429/

Kevin Conroy, best known for voicing Batman on Warner Bros.’ long-running TV show “Batman: The Animated Series,” has died after a short battle with cancer. He was 66.

“Batman: The Animated Series” originally aired for 85 episodes on Fox Kids from 1992-1995. Conroy’s deep, gravelly Batman voice was widely acclaimed by critics and comic book fans, with many regarding the actor as the definitive Caped Crusader. The series also featured Mark Hamill’s memorable performance as the Joker.

😞

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, The Count said:

He was/is my favorite Batman. Great voice!

It's a hard call for me.  I know it's cliche and it's a lot of nostalgia, but I love Keaton.  Regardless, there was a lot more media to pull from in B:TAS so I recall hearing his voice much more.  Plus, the animated series was less campy than Keaton's batman and I kind of like that.

So yeah, Mr. Conroy is probably tied with first for me.  Regardless, this was sad to hear.  He and Mark Hamill really made that show a stand out work.  I've not watched it in years, but I'm sure it hold up quite well.  It was the only afternoon cartoon I kept watching when I was a late teen and even going into college as someone who long had chosen to mature past cartoons.

4 hours ago, RH said:

It's a hard call for me.  I know it's cliche and it's a lot of nostalgia, but I love Keaton.  Regardless, there was a lot more media to pull from in B:TAS so I recall hearing his voice much more.  Plus, the animated series was less campy than Keaton's batman and I kind of like that.

So yeah, Mr. Conroy is probably tied with first for me.  Regardless, this was sad to hear.  He and Mark Hamill really made that show a stand out work.  I've not watched it in years, but I'm sure it hold up quite well.  It was the only afternoon cartoon I kept watching when I was a late teen and even going into college as someone who long had chosen to mature past cartoons.

The animated series was heavily influenced by the Tim Burton movies... especially the sound.

• Thanks 1