IGNORED

What genre would the 4th Quattro NES game have been?

Poll  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What genre would the 4th Quattro NES game have been?

• Puzzle
    • Strategy
    • Racing

As we all know, Camerica only put out 3 Quattro games on the NES. They were cartridges consisting of 4 smaller/shorter games and each cartridge had their own genre. They were:

Quattro Adventure
Quattro Arcade
Quattro Sports

If Camerica had made a 4th game to match the quatro theme, what genre do you think it would have been?

Edited by austin532

Puzzle. It'd be the path of least resistance. Probably a Tetris clone (falling whatevers, clear before they reach the top), a Pipe Dream style game (piece together things), maybe an action puzzle game like Solomon's Key (with Dizzy!), and then probably something crazy for the fourth.

Camerica/Codemasters made some decent games (and some bad ones), but I don't think a strategy game was in their wheelhouse.

They had a great racing game in Micro Machines, so they could do it, but I don't know, they'd have to make four wildly different racing games on NES hardware. Top down like Micro Machines (maybe even clone it and change the graphics a bit), a Rad Racer clone, an Excitebike clone, and I dunno, a NASCAR simulator like Bill Elliott or Days of Thunder?

They had a couple of other Quattro games that weren't released on NES, but were on stuff like C64/Amiga or Atari ST.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Agree 1