IGNORED

MegaMan Battle Network Legacy Collection coming to PS4! Disappointed with Amazon... :(

Estil

https://www.capcom-games.com/megaman/exe/en-us/

So before I discovered the joys of turn based combat kinds of RPGs in 2013 (better late than never I suppose) and even though I still haven't really gotten into Pokemon...I most definitely loved Capcom's answer to Pokemon, MegaMan Battle Network!  It was a major staple, if not flagship series for me back in the 2000s.  I remember trying to pre-order or buy the GBA versions of BN5 back in the day and the local game store only had the DS version and said the GBA versions were pulled.  Well they thought I was nuts for passing up the DS version but then and now I must play GBA games on the Game Boy Player.  I managed to fully complete (got all chips/badges on title screen) the first five games and Network Transmission.

I'm obviously looking forward to whatever bonus goodies you get (and I hope they finally get Glyde.EXE's name spelled right AND correctly name the so-called "Mole" as "Rush" in BN2).  Naturally I'm gonna get the PS4 version (thank GOD it's not on PS5) so you can get the trophies and I'm curious as to how they'll do them.  Obviously a gold for each game that you get all the badges on the title screen for that game, and perhaps silver for each game you finish the main story, and maybe bronze for the other badges or other things.  That'd be my best guess.

Now if we can only get the Legends Trilogy in a Legacy Collection...the PS4 version naturally.

Trophy lineups:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/mega-man-battle-network-legacy-collection/trophies/

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/mega-man-battle-network-legacy-collection-vol-2/trophies/

Edited by Estil
  • Love 1

Interesting. I have the original first three on GBA, but have yet to play them. It’s funny you mention this because just this morning I watched a video on rare game boy advance games and I guess battle net work number six is pretty rare and valuable. 

Ill pick up the switch version for sure. 

• Like 1

I watched the Tokyo Gameshow coverage for the Battle Network collection all the while grinning ear to ear. the BN series is my favorite series of games, and so it makes me happy to not only see the series put in the spotlight again, but to reach - potentially - a new generation of gamers.

I'll be buying the collection on all platforms to do my part in sending the message to Capcom that people still love Mega Man; I'vedecided to 'speak with your (my) wallet' as they say 😉.

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

Interesting. I have the original first three on GBA, but have yet to play them. It’s funny you mention this because just this morning I watched a video on rare game boy advance games and I guess battle net work number six is pretty rare and valuable. 

I got both of them and the strategery guide (as well as the games/guides for all the games) actually!  Sorry, not for sale though (I'm too much the sentimental type)!

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

A lot of the Battle Network games prices got kinda jacked up not that long ago. This collection definitely hit at the right time. I hope it is good. I'm a little disappointed that a lot of the side entries in the Megaman series sort of fell by the wayside as these collections came out. No Battle Network Transmission is a bit of a letdown for me since I am kinda curious about that one

• 1 month later...

I was looking all the Battle Network games up not long ago and was trying to decide if I wanted to drop that much coin on them.  I’m a fan of Mega Man and turn based strategy so this really ticks a lot of boxes for me.  

A few days later this compilation was announced.  Question answered!  I’m really happy to see a number of these older games that are expensive for one reason or another getting compiled and rereleased.  

I managed to pick up Network Transmission for the GameCube at some unknown point in the past.  So I can give that a try as well.

Any recommendations on play order?

On 11/14/2022 at 7:30 AM, Lago said:

I was looking all the Battle Network games up not long ago and was trying to decide if I wanted to drop that much coin on them.  I’m a fan of Mega Man and turn based strategy so this really ticks a lot of boxes for me.  

A few days later this compilation was announced.  Question answered!  I’m really happy to see a number of these older games that are expensive for one reason or another getting compiled and rereleased.  

I managed to pick up Network Transmission for the GameCube at some unknown point in the past.  So I can give that a try as well.

Any recommendations on play order?

Personally I think 2 and 5 are the best ones but yeah by all means play them in sequence so you get the whole proper story.  Just so you know it's not "turn based" at all...during battle you and the enemies move around and shoot/use chips in real time.  Though "health" is measured by "HP" like in a traditional RPG.  And do I in fact hope Network Transmission, Battle Chip Challenge and other BN games like that are offered at least as a DLC option (with proper trophy support of course).

For BN4 be VERY sure you print out and use checklists for the BMD (blue mystery data) and make sure to get all of them and the V1 viruses/chips before going on to Level 2 and so on.  And DON'T go into any of the Navi boss "invisible dead ends" until you've finished at least level 4 or so.  Maybe they'll do a "quality of life" improvement for that game where you can go back to having Level 1/Level 2 viruses to get those chips like you can in BN5 and not make you get the WWW-ID and C-Slider on every level. (this makes sense if you've played BN4 before).

Edited by Estil

On 10/11/2022 at 11:06 PM, Ankos said:

I'm a little disappointed that a lot of the side entries in the Megaman series sort of fell by the wayside as these collections came out. No Battle Network Transmission is a bit of a letdown for me since I am kinda curious about that one

Actually they could still come out as unlockables and/or DLC options (with proper trophy support I hope) so they can't be completely ruled out.

That would be nice but it seems unlikely at this point. DLC would be the more likely of the two though since they already released legacy collections for x and classic with no side entries like the xtreme games or megaman and bass. I heard that there are some companies re-releasing old school mobile phone games out in Japan. I want to say it was G-Mode stuff I heard about. If that is getting re-released then maybe Capcom will list those old school Megaman mobile games through a similar channel. Megaman just has so many games that it feels like there's always going to be a few that are unavailable at any given time

• The title was changed to MegaMan Battle Network Legacy Collection coming to PS4! Release date: April 14, 2023!

Well folks, it's now available for pre-order (I got mine on Amazon) for just $60 and it's due out April 14!  And it looks to be fully loaded with neat features/content as well!  I'm sure it'll be worth every zenny and it'll sure bring back fond memories for me!  I actually got the first game for Christmas from my grandma back in 2002!  And yes I do still have all my original cartridges/manuals!

PS: A really nice surprise at 2:10 !

Edited by Estil

• 3 months later...

I can't believe it's less than a week away now!  I am so excited and eager to get this and relive the main staple of my early-mid 2000s gaming career by far!  I'm also curious what the trophy lineup will be like.  And on my original GBA cartridges I did get all chips/badges in the first five games (and yes I got both of each year's pair)!

As a gamer this is in my "maybe" list. I already have a long list of RPGs and other games I have bought but never completed.

But as a collector, this was something I'd definitely have pre-ordered if Sony did not goof up when it comes to the PS5. Simply because as much as I still like Nintendo, this would have been the best "End of an era" game for me!

Ugh! Now I wish I took this game series a bit more seriously when it was new. 😅

16 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

As a gamer this is in my "maybe" list. I already have a long list of RPGs and other games I have bought but never completed.

But as a collector, this was something I'd definitely have pre-ordered if Sony did not goof up when it comes to the PS5. Simply because as much as I still like Nintendo, this would have been the best "End of an era" game for me!

Ugh! Now I wish I took this game series a bit more seriously when it was new. 😅

The game is for the PS4 though (THANK GOD).

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Estil said:

The game is for the PS4 though (THANK GOD).

I know. Which is great from a gamer standpoint. But as a collector (or just one that has bad luck being one), this should have been a swan song title. (As in one of those titles people should buy before Capcom stops publishing PS4 titles.)

Thus the reason why I am shaking my fist at Sony while I ponder if I should wait to get this digitally. 😅

1 hour ago, FenrirZero said:

I know. Which is great from a gamer standpoint. But as a collector (or just one that has bad luck being one), this should have been a swan song title. (As in one of those titles people should buy before Capcom stops publishing PS4 titles.)

Thus the reason why I am shaking my fist at Sony while I ponder if I should wait to get this digitally. 😅

You could always buy the switch version like me!

• Agree 1