IGNORED

Famicom and FDS Homage - SMB2

So I had this old beat up SMB2 in my collection and I wanted to do something fun with it. I love how Famicom games have different color cartridge shells and I just love the look of the Japanese style packaging. So I decided to re-shell the game and create a homage to the Famicom! Of course after doing that I had to go one step further and I made a box and a manual cover for it as well : )

I also paid some homage to its disc system roots (doki doki) and added some FDS homages to this as well.
Don't worry. I kept the old cartridge shell just in case I ever want to convert it back. What do you guys think?

I'm thinking of doing this to all of my beat up duplicates.

FullKitTwo.jpg

CartFront.jpg

cartBack.jpg

BoxFace.jpg

BoxBack.jpg

sleeveFront.jpg

SleeveBack.jpg

ManualCover.jpg

OldCase.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 4

Well I really like that, you went above and beyond.  Every little detail is done very nicely.

Just one question, why yellow?  SMB USA was in a pink cartridge.  That yellow would be perfect for a FDS to NES hack converted cart, like, SMB2j(FDS.)

Edited by Tanooki

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Well I really like that, you went above and beyond.  Every little detail is done very nicely.

Just one question, why yellow?  SMB USA was in a pink cartridge.  That yellow would be perfect for a FDS to NES hack converted cart, like, SMB2j(FDS.)

Hey Tanooki Im glad you like! Ya know I wanted to do pink but I just didn’t have a pink cart casing 🙂 I bought a variety pack of cart shells off amazon but no pink! Drats! If I find one though I’ll likely re-shell it again. I used a pink background as a sort of hommage to that though. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...