IGNORED

eBay seller accidentally shipped another item with package: what should buyer do?

If you want to do the honorable thing, then offer to send it back I guess. You should probably ask for the seller to cover the cost to ship it back if they live far enough away for that to be substantial. It would not be honorable of the seller to ask you to pay for their mistake, they messed up, so they should at the very least help correct the issue. As for whether or not I think you are morally obligated to send it back, not really, but that would be the better thing to do. At the end of the day the seller made a mistake, and it would cost you time and potentially money to send back a $20 item. It isn't like you are screwing them out of $1000, if they live overseas it could even be cheaper for them to just not get the item back. As for the legality of keeping the item, I'm not sure. I don't think that anything like this would get enforced for something worth so little, but based on page 1 google results you do have some obligation to try and return stuff you found. Not 100% the same situation, but similar. Either way, there is pretty much no shot that would get enforced

• Agree 1

On 8/23/2022 at 10:54 AM, final fight cd said:

When I was typing this originally I was asking myself if there was a difference between the two. From what I read, I am came to the conclusion that ethics is related to an individual person’s beliefs while morals is the general consensus of a society’s beliefs.  But I could be completely wrong, though. 

Kind of the other way around. Ethics are rules you live by in order to remain within a community or profession. Morals are your personal values. And it's possible for ethics and morals to be in conflict.