IGNORED

The DS Thread

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Sumez said:

Pretty familiar with the others (obviously, really), but Theresia is new to me, and now I'm curious about it!

Reaction to it are mixed, but I dug it.  Haven't finished it though; kept getting stuck on admittedly not-always-clear puzzles.

56 minutes ago, 360collector said:

Summer 2015 bought these from a guy selling his collection  about 20 bucks each

eeee.jpg.056a9466c1e0e29a41c2846a0b2cf3cc.jpg

Those are some incredible pickups!! I still need knights in the nightmare myself and summon night twin age. Can’t remember if my zhp is CIB or not for PSP

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sumez said:

Since everyone else is doing it - my DS/3DS shelves. Probably not all of my games, but definitely most of them. Sorry about the complete lack of ordering - maybe it'll help making the search for gems more challenging 😛 

7dHsan7.jpg

FnydeQi.jpg

SoU4k7X.jpg

You’ve got some nice stuff there!! What are all the Japanese games? And are all the generic cases your cart only copies?

1 hour ago, Nintegageo said:

Oh nice! I actually got my 1st DS game in a long ass time the other night.

20220626_112048.jpg

I always forget this game exists. Is it good?

5 minutes ago, Makar said:

You’ve got some nice stuff there!! What are all the Japanese games? And are all the generic cases your cart only copies?

I don't have any card-only copies of DS games, they are way too small for me to take care of! What do you mean by generic cases?

The Japanese games are Mario 64 DS (I was excited enough about the DS to preorder it so I'd have it before it came out in the west), Retro Game Challenge 2, Legendary Starfy 4Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan (since it's a completely different game from Elite Beat Agents), and Umihara Kawase. Oh, and some obscure gothic lolita game I have no clue how I ended up with.

36 minutes ago, Sumez said:

I don't have any card-only copies of DS games, they are way too small for me to take care of! What do you mean by generic cases?

The Japanese games are Mario 64 DS (I was excited enough about the DS to preorder it so I'd have it before it came out in the west), Retro Game Challenge 2, Legendary Starfy 4Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan (since it's a completely different game from Elite Beat Agents), and Umihara Kawase. Oh, and some obscure gothic lolita game I have no clue how I ended up with.

Like all the ones on the left look different, like someone printed out custom cases or something. Or are those imports?

lol I did the same thing with Pokémon diamond. I couldn’t wait 6 months for them to translate it so I just bought the Japanese copy. Ended up getting one with the glitch where you could surf through the door in the elite 4 so that was cool. Ooooo retro game challenge 2 does sound fun. I might have to pick that up myself. 

I definitely prefer the smaller form factor of the US cases, but the uniform design of (most of) the EU ones look much nicer IMO 🙂
The DS generation was weird with that, because importing American games was as easy as buying them locally, and often much cheaper too. A lot of games were only released over there, but we had a few exclusives in Europe as well - off the top of my head, Pang, Last Window and Mr. Driller are probably the standouts (US got a massively crimped version of the latter), but there were others too. And being region free, the regions really just blended together, there was no reason to care which one you got.

But then 3DS came out and had the stupid region lock, so I bought a north american one to be sure I'd get all the games I could potentially miss out on. But not only did importing suddenly become a lot more expensive, it also didn't really pay off as pretty much every 3DS game I ever wanted got a physical release here anyway. 😕