IGNORED

Question about Gun.Smoke for the NES in regards to box variants, etc (US releases)

Hey all, so I recently got a copy of Gun.Smoke in and initially, I thought the box was really sun faded or something because it was entirely different from the cart, but now I've noticed there seem to be different carts, boxes, etc (not sure about the manuals) and figured someone here might have some insight? Is this pieced together, did it come this way naturally? Any information at all would be great, here are some images for some context!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

The two label differences are known.

The cartoonier "Bar" cart (the one in the middle) was the first release. The second "Clint Eastwood" or "Saloon" or "Red" cart is later. Bar carts are usually more desirable.

I don't recall ever hearing about the Red cart in a Bar box, though. That one might have been frankensteined, but I'm not 100% sure.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

The two label differences are known.

The cartoonier "Bar" cart (the one in the middle) was the first release. The second "Clint Eastwood" or "Saloon" or "Red" cart is later. Bar carts are usually more desirable.

I don't recall ever hearing about the Red cart in a Bar box, though. That one might have been frankensteined, but I'm not 100% sure.

Yeah I figured it was known but I'm definitely curious if there is a difference in the manuals, and if there was ever a point where the cart and box were mismatched, I could live with finding a matching cart but if it ever came this was naturally I'd probably just keep it as is too you know?

• 2 months later...