IGNORED

Video editing basics

Daniel_Doyce

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Video Editor (built into Windows 10) is basically the modern version of their movie maker software.  Simple to use and should work fine for basic stuff.   

If you want even more control/professional look, there's the open source Davinci Resolve software, which is even used professionally, but comes at a steeper learning curve.  It's my go-to now that I've learned it a bit. 

40 minutes ago, nesmaster14 said:

Video Editor (built into Windows 10) is basically the modern version of their movie maker software.  Simple to use and should work fine for basic stuff.   

Everything I've been able to read about Video Editor indicates it does not record video from an external source. Is that incorrect? 

Ditto later versions of Movie Maker, which is why I specified that one.

Edited by Link

51 minutes ago, nesmaster14 said:

If you want even more control/professional look, there's the open source Davinci Resolve software, which is even used professionally, but comes at a steeper learning curve.  It's my go-to now that I've learned it a bit. 

DaVinci Resolve is great but it is definitely pro-level software.

• Agree 1

Social Team · Posted

I've used Filmora X for a few years and it's pretty cheap (subscription based) and easy to use.  Tons of video tutorials to show you how to do fancy stuff which was a huge thing for me.  The tutorials are a big thing, not doing fancy stuff.  Though when you need to do something "fancy" you bet your ass I'm going to need a video showing me how to do it.

If you are looking for good free solutions I heard good things from OpenShot (Think I used it on Linux 10 years ago when I first started doing youtube videos).