IGNORED

F1 2013 rarest NTSC Xbox 360?

If I might ask the more knowledgeable members here, at least those that collect for the 360, is F1 2013 really the rarest non-limited edition normal retail release? I would have thought that FIFA 19 would have that distinction, or possibly El Chavo Kart, but the following is really making me wonder:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/F1-2013-Xbox-360-CIB-Complete-Rare-Tested-/275219790718?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

... it's the only open auction I can remember seeing in a long time, as every other copy has a BIN that sold quickly regardless of condition. I partly collect for the system but have never seen a copy in the wild, instead only online. 

There does seem to be some stealth awareness of the rarity of this version from across the years:

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=474757

and one guy who actually managed to get the full set says it's the rarest:

...to note, the listing is not mine and is already out of my price range, but this might well be a memorable one. Maybe the recent de-listing of several F1 titles has something to do with it? I look forward to the thoughts of the other modern collectors here! 

• Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 1:33 AM, Hybrid said:

Neat find! I'm sure that I'll never get a copy with all the other Xbox and fighting game and Marvel collectors looking for it, but I'll keep an eye out in the wild for a copy. 

On 3/28/2022 at 6:33 AM, DarkTone said:

I've never even seen a video with elite 11 in it. Seen a few on the PS3

Because it never reached store shelves, and in all likelihood never even saw mass production. True achievements, the real best source of data on what's ACTUALLY been played, has it as cancelled and has all of one person having played it:

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/NBA-ELITE-11/gamers

...the recent Racketboy article on 360 rarities not only is missing F1 2013 (even though it was pointed out to him) and other rarities but does include nonsense like NBA Elite 11. 

As an aside, it's curios that exactly one person can even be identified as having played a cancelled game. Something doesn't smell right about that...

Administrator · Posted
17 minutes ago, Chaos Control said:

Because it never reached store shelves, and in all likelihood never even saw mass production. True achievements, the real best source of data on what's ACTUALLY been played, has it as cancelled and has all of one person having played it:

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/NBA-ELITE-11/gamers

...the recent Racketboy article on 360 rarities not only is missing F1 2013 (even though it was pointed out to him) and other rarities but does include nonsense like NBA Elite 11. 

As an aside, it's curios that exactly one person can even be identified as having played a cancelled game. Something doesn't smell right about that...

I don't think very many of these were opened, and the ones that did get opened likely weren't played with the console internet-enabled so it wouldn't get banned.

I know someone with an opened copy of the PS3 version.   Pretty sure he also has one of each sealed for PS3 and 360, but it might just be PS3.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I don't think very many of these were opened, and the ones that did get opened likely weren't played with the console internet-enabled so it wouldn't get banned.

I know someone with an opened copy of the PS3 version.   Pretty sure he also has one of each sealed for PS3 and 360, but it might just be PS3.

Huh- I wonder if we know the same person! Probably not, as at least a dozen copies in various states of completion are known of the PS3 version. I know two very private collectors that do have copies, though one is disc only. I only know of one person who's even seen the 360 version, and it was someone from ReDump who ripped it. 

I'm assuming that the servers, if they ever even were up, no longer are. 

Administrator · Posted

I can at least speak to the achievement (and/or trophy) side of things a bit. It's not uncommon for a developer to set up a test account to test trophies on and that data simply goes into the database like normal if not set up properly. Neither Sony or Microsoft have historically been particularly stringent about that. 

For a Sony example, refer to Burn Zombie Burn, the DLC for which was never released.