IGNORED

Pokémon Legends Arceus Thread

Makar

Talk about all things Pokémon legends Arceus here. 

I am thoroughly enjoying this game. Much more than I thought I might going into it. It’s similar to breath of the wild, but Pokémon. I just finished the 3rd boss and I’m really liking the world, items, quests, Pokémon, etc. it’s finally a game where catching them all actually seems to have a purpose lol. If you are on the fence about this one, hop over to the other side and join the fun!

I have it, pathetic amount of hours I would imagine on it compared to most.  I'm at 3star or just a few (10-50) points short of that.  I think my dex has around 50 captured, which isn't bad.  I've not jumped to the next area yet still kind of exploring and messing around as I had those 2 god like semi-local legends where I dealt with, helped them, and the first lets me use it for rides.  A few of the help tasks I have now are utterly confusing me, largely since I haven't resorted to a faq but probably will eventually not to waste time...like the kids and driftloon one as they both never show up at the beach.  I wish I could get that rapidash that's enraged, but it's lv40 and my best is in the 30s.

• 1 month later...

I love that the rage-farming/clickbait gaming YouTubers were genuinely upset that the game is good and that they can’t complain about it

Come on Game Freak, you’re ruining peoples’ livelihoods by not making something circlerky gaming channels content creators can feign outrage over and for clicks and updoots. Who are we supposed to look to now, CD Projekt Red?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Strange said:

I love that the rage-farming/clickbait gaming YouTubers were genuinely upset that the game is good and that they can’t complain about it

Come on Game Freak, you’re ruining peoples’ livelihoods by not making something circlerky gaming channels content creators can feign outrage over and for clicks and updoots. Who are we supposed to look to now, CD Projekt Red?

Got to agree with that sentiment.  Objectively speaking there's really nothing wrong with the game.  They took it in such another direction being so far into the past, it left things open to what you can and can't have in a non-existent pokedex YOU are making.  They add a wild element of picking your battles, even picking to toss vs battle, sneaking on those battles, item use, combination of goods to use or make goods, etc.  The story works remarkably well, and the sub-tasks which are utterly optional add a bit of extra to do for sport as well.  So what did we get in bitching?  It's not detailed enough,  not enough pokemon(really?), and whining they don't have dozens of reactions vs the fewer there are.  It was pearl clutching fuckery by grown men acting like entitled know it all babies.

It probably threw them for a loop not being main line because then they lose the ability to bitch about not having the game have 1000+ pokemon in it with variants, some new hollow thin mechanic to seem different, while still being safe space stupid with the wash rinse repeat of gyms, trainers, and a thin plot to string it weakly together.  Because you know if you don't give the game a full set of main line demands, it's time to lose your mind online and go for it.

Arceus is refreshing, something the franchise desperately needed.  I hope they keep it Legends setup as a sub-series, do the past of another area, maybe go back to Kanto, or forward to another.  It opens some fun doors and freedoms too.

If you guys really enjoyed Arceus, you should check out Dragon Quest Monsters Joker and Digimon World DS. Arceus borrowed heavily from those games and then combined the mechanics in those games with Zelda Breath of the Wild. It borrowed being able to see the monsters in the open world and bump into them when you want to start a battle from DQMJ. They kinda also borrowed the catching of more powerful mons from the ones on your current team, and almost encouraging you to swap out your team frequently, from DQMJ as well. The mechanic of speedy moves and being able to attack multiple times in a row was heavily borrowed from Digimon World DS. 

I just beat Arceus a couple days ago. It is a solid game for sure. Not challenging but it was very enjoyable and nothing felt like a chore which was nice. 

• Like 1