IGNORED

SNES or N64 Players Choice Games More Sought After or Somewhat Rare?

I have been wondering if there are any Players Choice games for the SNES or N64 that are more sought after than the other versions.  Were there any that snuck out that shouldnt even exist, like with the few games on PS1 that didnt qualify but somehow were made in very low numbers like Sim City 2000?

32 minutes ago, doner24 said:

Some are harder to find, but none are more sought after. 

I came across a Reddit thread talking about how "rare" the Players Choice version of SMW was when I was trying to figure out which version was the console pack in and it just made me wonder...

Edited by SilverspoonGaming
Added quotes to the word rare to make sure nobody thinks Im a moron.

Moderator · Posted
1 hour ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

I came across a Reddit thread talking about how "rare" the Players Choice version of SMW was when I was trying to figure out which version was the console pack in and it just made me wonder...

Neither was the console pack in, that was just a cart and Manual. 

Unless I'm forgetting some strange circumstance after the fact I think other than the old Deluxe/preDeluxe Set and SMB3 in the challenge set there really weren't CIB games thrown inside the console box itself.  Maybe on the Gameboy side, but console I think that's about it unless you jump in time up to the disc era.  At that rate you did get a pack-in or so for Gamecube, Wii(sleeved games largely), etc.

I've never thought about this but I know a few Xbox PH collectors, at least one PS2 GH collector, and I know a couple people at least looking for the ridiculous rare Monkey Ball Player's Choice sleeve on Gamecube. But I don't think I've ever met anyone who intentionally goes for the boxed budget stuff like SNES and N64.

I'm guessing there just aren't weird super low print rarities like with the modern systems so collecting them isn't challenging or interesting, even if they're numerically still rarer than regular copies.