IGNORED

Sealed Kingdom Hearts Cesa print sold for 5K best offer

Mijael

I want to go on record by noting that I have very little confidence in the English speaking community when it comes to knowing what Japanese games are rare, and which ones are only rare outside Japan.

For example, Dragon Quest Heroes I·II is a "Year 1" Switch release that never made it out of Japan. The physical version of the game received a short due to technical issues. Because of this, it is believed that only 25,000 to 26,000 copies were produced. Which is a good enough reason to see why it is sane to presume that it is a $150 USD game when it comes to the sealed collectors market.

Now there is a catch when it comes to this game: There was a (very) limited DLC variant of this game.

Unlike the current "First Purchase" variants you see today, this one was extremely limited. Meaning that the total number of these being produced are unknown, which stores offered them is unknown, and there was no "collector's edition" variant (as a means to getting it) to be had. Because of that, I paid around $250 USD (possibly more) in hopes that I'd score a copy. With reason being that I felt the price was below what it was worth in 2020.

And TBH, I would never have parted with my copy if I was successful. Simply because it might be the rarest Switch game variant these days. With the only setback being tied to those who'll snub that notion just because there was no NA or EU variant. Which means that you are going to see rabid stupidity arise the moment a hyped up game's limited variant pop up. With reasons being that it is hyped, as opposed to being authentically rare.

Plus I am betting that the buyer also bought it for the grade, as opposed to just buying for the sake of owning a rare variant. Then again, the seller sounds like a moron who got lucky. And I say they are a moron because the term "first print" means there were more made after that one was published.

At best this is more of a "second print variant" since it is not an original first print and is a variant. Then again, they at least got one fact right in their sales pitch: It is an event exclusive. 😩

• Agree 1

On 2/3/2022 at 7:47 PM, DefaultGen said:

I randomly have one of these FWIW. It was in a lot of Kingdom Hearts games that was sitting unsold BIN on Yahoo maybe a year ago. There were maybe 8-9 sealed Kingdom Hearts games in the lot and I paid like $500 for it. I was valuing it personally at $100-200 because the new GBA and DS games don't mean much to me.

Not bragging, just a counterpoint to that these are IMPOSSIBLY RARE OMG L@@K A TRUE POP 1, lmao.

2RRq5ge.jpg

Hehehe funny that i bought this copy last week here in spain. Personally, I played a lot of KH2 when I was a kid and loved it, found this copy In a second hand market app very popular in spain for 40$ and I wanted to buy it. I like Japanese copies of games as the artwork is a bit different (for example this KH2 has the silver foil, PAL version is just plain white) and being KH for some reason it looks very nice to me. Eventually ill get it send to wata when they get their shit together and will have it graded and displayed at home next to my other ps2 games. I think it is probably a 9.6 A+, so 40$ + grading fee seems very reasonable for one of my childhood fav games.

photo_2022-02-11_11-04-04.jpg

photo_2022-02-11_11-04-07.jpg

photo_2022-02-11_11-04-11.jpg

Edited by iLikePssys
  • Like 3

On 2/3/2022 at 10:47 AM, DefaultGen said:

I randomly have one of these FWIW. It was in a lot of Kingdom Hearts games that was sitting unsold BIN on Yahoo maybe a year ago. There were maybe 8-9 sealed Kingdom Hearts games in the lot and I paid like $500 for it. I was valuing it personally at $100-200 because the new GBA and DS games don't mean much to me.

Not bragging, just a counterpoint to that these are IMPOSSIBLY RARE OMG L@@K A TRUE POP 1, lmao.

2RRq5ge.jpg

great, now there's another sealed KH game i need to go and find.

hey tyler, you sellin? lmao

13 hours ago, iLikePssys said:

Hehehe funny that i bought this copy last week here in spain. Personally, I played a lot of KH2 when I was a kid and loved it, found this copy In a second hand market app very popular in spain for 40$ and I wanted to buy it. I like Japanese copies of games as the artwork is a bit different (for example this KH2 has the silver foil, PAL version is just plain white) and being KH for some reason it looks very nice to me. Eventually ill get it send to wata when they get their shit together and will have it graded and displayed at home next to my other ps2 games. I think it is probably a 9.6 A+, so 40$ + grading fee seems very reasonable for one of my childhood fav games.

photo_2022-02-11_11-04-04.jpg

photo_2022-02-11_11-04-07.jpg

photo_2022-02-11_11-04-11.jpg

Nice copy! 👍

If you got it for $40 USD flat, you got it for a great price! With shipping rates from Japan added, it is around $65 USD (tops). And seeing how no Japanese variants of that game, graded by Wata or VGA, are showing up... I think it might be worth something to the right investor. Especially if you also had a graded Final Mix+ variant to go with it. 🙂

As for the one being mentioned... What you are doing is similar to what I am working on. Because liking how the game looks pre-graded and liking how it can look graded is a better excuse to have it graded... Versus buying it for a high premium because the seller or grade says it is this close to being perfect.

• Agree 1