IGNORED

480K WATA 9.2A+ Madden Genesis - trend or outlier?

GPX

On 2/4/2022 at 1:15 PM, GPX said:

Do you have further info regarding the term “Madden’s office”? Where exactly did it came from? 

I’m starting to think the timing of this sale wasn’t a mere coincidence with Madden’s passing. As in someone possibly knew he was in imminent decline, and they sold it at a time where maximum attention would be given globally to the name “Madden”.

There’s far better items to auction than a game if you were to take advantage of a celebrity passing. 

Edited by inasuma
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, inasuma said:

There’s far better items to auction than a game if you were to take advantage of a celebrity passing. 

Maybe so, but we don’t know if other items have been sold elsewhere, so we can only judge on the game item. I guess it would be interesting to know if other previous Madden games have been sold at HA before and specifically the cardboard version.

It just seems a pretty big coincidence that the earliest sealed print of a Madden game appears (possibly?) for  the first time just at the time when he’s passed away. Anyway, it would be interesting now to see how the next crop of HA Madden goes for, that’s for sure!

12 minutes ago, GPX said:

Maybe so, but we don’t know if other items have been sold elsewhere, so we can only judge on the game item. I guess it would be interesting to know if other previous Madden games have been sold at HA before and specifically the cardboard version.

It just seems a pretty big coincidence that the earliest sealed print of a Madden game appears (possibly?) for  the first time just at the time when he’s passed away. Anyway, it would be interesting now to see how the next crop of HA Madden goes for, that’s for sure!

I guess we'll find out in the (relatively) near future, lol

• Wow! 1