In the last blog entry I said I found a bug. I finally figured out what that bug was. And I think I fixed it.
I did a few things to the game since the last time.
- I added the standard Cedar Games logo back in. I tried to fit it into a bank I already had that had room in it (bank 2), but it wasn't going to work. So I had to make this an 8k game and put in a new bank to use.
- I added the beginnings of the Whack-an-O game.
I made the score red this time to differentiate scores from the Shoot-an-O game. If the score is red, you'll know it's from the Whack-an-O game and not the Shoot-an-O game. I also decided to keep things simple and just make Whack-an-O a 1 player game. It all goes down to space I have left. And it's not very much, even when doing assembly. Plus add to the fact that I really don't know what I'm doing. Sure, I've learned a few things along my way of programming the Odyssey 2, like certain ways of doing things do certain things, but I still don't know why just adding some code completely breaks the game sometimes.
When you switch games, the high score on the previous game you played will be lost. Variables are limited and I've used quite a few already. Not only that, but I don't have room in bank 3 (where the title screen is) to put code to display both scores in.
I also made it so 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the keyboard starts games rather than X, O, times and 0. I thought the latter would be really confusing so I dropped that idea.
It is just about midnight here and I just woke up. A few days ago I stayed up all night working on something else and went to sleep at about 11 a.m. Combine that with sleeping at least 12 hours each day and you get my life. I would have slept even longer but I woke up because I needed to pee and I couldn't go back to sleep. So I decided to write this blog entry.